Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's official, I have gotten the thumbs up from a Ferrari 360 owner for being able to keep up with him, now it was a wave from a 430 owner.

We would get up to over 130 MPH then we would have to slow down for another pocket of traffic ahead and wait for another open run. At one point, I actually led him and a silver one. He was really surprised my little red car could accellerate so fast and hard from 65 MPH. I do not think you automatic owners could have kept pace, as I even had to turn off the climate control system.

I have to admit, It was more fun hearing the Ferrari at red-line then my V6, but it does make one feel good!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Nice! Win or lose it's great to run against other cars with cool owners. I know what you mean by the sound, there's a new F430 in my area and gawdddd does that thing sound wild!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
woooahh.....your on the wrong side of the car! lol

my friend has an F430 and if we go out cruising my car just doesnt get a look in, everyone stares at the ferrari when he opens it up due to the noise, incredible.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
woohoo, yeah, I think a lot of people are surprised by the SLK350.

woooahh.....your on the wrong side of the car! lol

my friend has an F430 and if we go out cruising my car just doesnt get a look in, everyone stares at the ferrari when he opens it up due to the noise, incredible.
We are on the RIGHT side. lol. I think with the exception of Japan, all countries besides England and (former) english colonies drive on the left side. So majority rules. :biglaugh:

The F430 is an incredible looking and sounding machine. The enzo sounds even better, had a black one take off on me, I didn't even try, it's was on a residential 35mph zone and he must have been going 100mph, there usually is a cop waiting at that spot but he wasn't there that day, the enzo was lucky. Ferrari exhaust notes FTW.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts