Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· *Registered
2019 SLC300
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my 2019 SLC300 in for its annual 10k or less service. The dealer offers a free wheel alignment check when you take the car in. I took them up as I had recently gotten new rear tires; the old ones were severely worn on the inside side wall. It turns out the toe was off on the rear. The dealer sends me a video of the inspection of the car's underside. Find the video interesting.

· Founding Member 2006
116,071 Posts
oops no video

they offer the free check to make you get a 4 wheel alignment if needed :D

· *Registered
2019 SLC300
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops no video

they offer the free check to make you get a 4-wheel alignment if needed :D
True, but you can say no. They only do they check if you ask for one. As I said, I had gotten new tires for the rear, and the old ones were not even worn. After they did the check, they showed me the results with no pressure to do an alignment.

The video I could not get it uploaded in the wrong format. Removed it.

I must have a good dealer as they act like they care and do not force or demand you buy things; They only will point it out. Got an almost new loaner car with only 945 miles on it. Only cost the gas I used,

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
44,644 Posts
True, but you can say no. They only do they check if you ask for one. As I said, I had gotten new tires for the rear, and the old ones were not even worn. After they did the check, they showed me the results with no pressure to do an alignment.

The video I could not get it uploaded in the wrong format. Removed it.

I must have a good dealer as they act like they care and do not force or demand you buy things; They only will point it out. Got an almost new loaner car with only 945 miles on it. Only cost the gas I used,

That's the thing, some dealers are good.
If I had a good local dealer then MB would see the 3 cars more often.
They'd be considered when hunting the next car.

A good dealer shows customer care and it sound like you have found one.
A good dealer can end up supplying customer's family and friends with servicing and new cars.

A bad dealer can get folks turning away from MB entirely.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts