Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
R)SLK 55 amg 05.Hello to everybody! Thought it was my turn to maybe help anybody whos slk has any rattles coming from the rear roof mechanism.I appologise if this is a bit long winded.For a while now i have put up with a rattle that appeared to be coming from the boot area until i just had to sort it once and for all,so i set about first trying to narrow the area down where it was coming from,i stripped everything out of the boot including all the sat nav with no joy,i even got my mate to drive the car up the road whilst i some how managed to squeese in the boot with a torch still no luck,i tried all the different ideas and cures that had been posted on the forums still no luck.Finally after all this ive cured it! The cause was 2 little u shaped brackets one either side of the rear glass,the frame of the rear glass sits in these little cradles for want of a better word,what was happening when i was driving down the road, (roof up only),the rear window was jumping slightly, just enough for the glass frame to leave the bracket and bang back down!My solution that has worked a treat was to place an extra bit of sticky back rubber about 3mm think in to each craddle,i cant believe the difference.I have also lubricated all the rubber seals in the roof with silicone this again what a difference my car now drives absolutely silent over the harshest of roads!If anybody has this problem let me know and i will take some pics.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
don't know if i welcomed you before:

Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

there were some rattle fixes here but glad u resolved it:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-class/1307312-diys-documents-manuals-faq-links-covers.html

If you haven’t, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for hosting and licensing fees to the site. Even $5 is welcome! Thanks!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Welcome from NE England. It worries me that my 2004 350 has been faultless so far, but I've only done 5K miles in it, so all the little niggley faults will hit me outside the warranty period :(

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
.....If anybody has this problem let me know and i will take some pics.
Please attach photos, they will be very helpful. A perspective and then a close-up view will be much appreciated.

·
97,361 Posts
FYI, Post is 4 years old and Dave has not been back here since:
05-12-2010

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan......

Edit: So much for just reading posts and not the date posted. Trying to catch up on being off line for a couple of weeks...............

·
97,361 Posts
Yes, Dave's not here (Cheech and Chong)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts