Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been searching the DIY sections for an answer to this without resolution. I have a very annoying beep in the car when the top is down. After almost exactly 10mins the chime starts up again and keeps going for a long while. Once the chime has done it's thing it stops until you turn the car off and on again. Really annoying when your taking quick trips through town. Another symptom I have noticed is that the convertible button in the center console is blinking red the entire time. Is this common and is there a fix?

Thanks,

JP

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,097 Posts

·
103,097 Posts
Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,776 Posts
Sounds like one of the micro switches in the trunk is playing up .
You might want to start by bypassing the roll out divider switch and go from there ...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you happen to have a pic or diagram that would give me an idea what the micro sensor looks like? Maybe it's already shown in the link JB provided? I am not receiving any messages such as "left side says trunk lid closed; right side says it's open." Just the annoying beep and flashing switch in the center console. Either way I am going to open the trunk to see if it makes the beep go away temporarily as well as tear out the trunk lining and check alignment per the instructions.

·
103,097 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,485 Posts
When there's two switches left and right, they're wired in series - meaning the computer doesn't know which side is the culprit.

·
Registered 1998 SLK230
13 Posts
I had this happen, was puzzled by the beep initially....took me a while to realize that the top appeared closed but wasn't quite in the final position, hence the beeping and top switch light blinking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.