Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried the android ecu flasher?

I was going thru the oe tunning blog and it seams you just:

1. buy the plug
2. download the android app to your android device
3. plug the obd2 plug to your car and android device
4. it reads your VIN number from the ecu
5. gives you remaps options to flash your ecu

that's how I understood it, I just to find out how much they sell it for or if I can find it cheaper somewhere else.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cmd.flashtec.mpfdroid

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'd be wary of using random re-maps. Back in my Saab days this was a popular route but some of the freely available maps were pretty dire. All they did was too raise boost levels but paid no attention to fueling so you got lots more power till the pistons melted!
I'd rather pay a bit more and get a map from a reputable supplier such as Eurocharged.
You'll only get a small increase in power though as its tough to improve a normally aspirated engine without also doing work on cams, headers, induction etc.
Russ

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not random remaps from the video i watched the droid app connects to the vendor you bought from. They create remaps for you based on your vin number then you can remap your ecu any time you want. This is being offered currentky via oe tunning for $260 plus the price of the remaps. It will still be cheaper just to buy the my genious from oe tunning and thats $200 plus the maps.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The R171 SLK ECU is a particularly tough nut to crack, even with dedicated programming devices like MyGenius, etc.

I would be extremely wary of a third party app that claims it supports the SLK.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
What I see here is the placebo effect for sale.

If you want to tune your car then don't cheap out on it. Cutting corners when it comes to your engine, transmission, or suspension components can only end in tears and an empty bank account.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you guys are going to comment please at least do your homework before post any stupid.

I screenshot the blog entry from OE Tunning which is almost a year old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
if you guys are going to comment please at least do your homework before post any stupid.

I screenshot the blog entry from OE Tunning which is almost a year old.
The product does not claim outright association with OE Tuning and the truth is that most consumers will not research this to the point of reading blog posts going back approximately a year or even at all for that matter.

If you want to buy this and try it out no one is stopping anyone from doing so. I am pretty sure a few people would be interested if there was an easy DIY tuning system out there that is also user friendly...

Also please keep in mind that ad hominem does not endear you much to others. You may find that taking that approach with anyone (especially in a niche community like this) will not result in mutual respect or a good reputation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts