Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

*Registered
2007 SLK350
You should be able to program a short press and a long press.
I don't use the left keys on mine at all.
I set my hangup (bottom) button with a long press action of play/pause and the call button (top) with a long pause action of next track/song/station.
If you set the up/down arrows to functions, when you are in Audio or Call mode on center display it doesn't mess with the menus in the car. But the downside to that is times when you WANT to use them, the stereo also changes.
Like changing time on dash clock will make your stereo get louder or quieter depending on which way you need to go. 馃榿馃榿

I ordered the 4/32 version yesterday. My current one is 4/64 (different brand/functions/layout - see pics in previous post).
I never store any songs on it anyway, so I went cheap and got the 32gb internal storage version. 1st number (4 or 6) is what makes it a responsive unit or not. Idk how people can use the 1 or 2gb versions. They are so slow using the interface. I've found 4gb is a minimum.

Bryan

*Registered
2007 SLK350
@MintyMac just out of curiosity, do any of the canbus things show/work with the new unit, i.e door notifications, a/c controls, etc?
Does any audio/call info show up in the center display?
Can you share your canbus settings in the unit? Mine arrives on the 26th, but I'm out of town until the 28th. :mad::mad:
I expect it to be a fairly quick install as I already have an Android setup in there already (and have installed 4-5 in all the cars I've had).
MOST makes it super easy. B+, Gnd, Acc and RCA to MOST adapter. The rest is just moving over connectors for GPS, Camera, USB etc.
I have just never had one that uses a CanBus decoder before and not sure what to expect, other than tapping into the Can High/low lines at the A/C controls.
Buddy of mine had a VW with Canbus and Android and he could pretty much control everything from his stereo, including A/C controls.

Bryan

*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
@MintyMac just out of curiosity, do any of the canbus things show/work with the new unit, i.e door notifications, a/c controls, etc?
The door notification work for me, but mine's to old to show the A/C info. As in, it's not there originally either..

Does any audio/call info show up in the center display?
Actually, I haven't tested that..

Can you share your canbus settings in the unit? Mine arrives on the 26th, but I'm out of town until the 28th. :mad::mad:
This is very app/version specific, so unless you have exactly the same one, it can't be trusted..

I have just never had one that uses a CanBus decoder before and not sure what to expect, other than tapping into the Can High/low lines at the A/C controls.
They're very stupid! On purpose, I'm assuming. What I've found out is that they filter out (again, on purpose!) all "interesting" information..

*Registered
2007 SLK350
Ok so my canbus unit says 0D-BENZ-01
I can't seem to get any of them to work with the canbus. Is that the same model you have @MintyMac and if so, what are your settings for canbus?
The seller sent a piece of paper saying to look for the "0D" in the list, and I don't see it in there.

Bryan

*Registered
2009 SLK300
Not sure what version my cambus is ( would have to take out unit to see). Once i did an update to the unit ( android and cam interface, see pic), everything started working on the steering wheel without me changing any settings.
Font Display device Gadget Multimedia Electronic device

*Registered
2010 SLK55 AMG
On my Seicane, 鈥38 BENZ B200(Union)鈥 works.

Good news is that it鈥檚 ok to go through them one at a time and see which works. I probably spent a few hours on that, considering it needed a reboot every time :).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts