Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
I'm sure this video has been posted here somewhere before (at least, I've certainly seen it before)... However, given the content (and outcome), I'm going to leave it here for those that haven't already seen it. >:D

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When the top is down it shifts more weight to the rear wheels, improving handling. Remember, the 55 has a honking big piece of iron in the front nose.
Your 55 isn't as nose heavy as you believe, note the intake manifold is magnesium which is even lighter than aluminum, two spark plugs per cylinder?, fun facts.:grin:

"M113s have aluminum engine blocks and aluminum SOHC cylinder heads with two spark plugs per cylinder. The cylinders are lined with silicon/aluminum, and the heads have 3 valves per cylinder (two intake, one exhaust). Other features include SFI fuel injection, fracture-split forged steel connecting rods, a one-piece cast camshaft, and a magnesium intake manifold." (Source Wikipedia)

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
3,471 Posts
But, but ...... I have a M152. I guess I don’t have all those goodies! 152 is bigger then 113. Must weigh more.>:D

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But, but ...... I have a M152. I guess I don’t have all those goodies! 152 is bigger then 113. Must weigh more.>:D
It just seems heavier when you're running on only 4 cylinders >:D

I all seriousness the M152 is a totally re-engineered and revised engine and I'm jealous :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.