Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, over the years I've gotten used to the occasional cat calls and whistles thrown my way, especially when driving a nice car. My previous car was a Dodge Challenger and I drove the hell outa that baby. I was used to receiving these "Whooty whoo's" and "Hey there, sexy", and "Damn, mami's" in that car. I think it had to do with the fact that I'm a "girl" driving a "man's" muscle car. The men just couldn't help themselves it seems.

Of course this never happened in the presence of my husband, so when I would tell him about it (for a laugh), I don't think he ever really believed just how much it happens to me.

Fast forward to yesterday, I happened to be out and about driving my SLK "topless" (the car was topless, I happened to be fully dressed) and the hubs calls and tells me he got out of work early and to come pick him up at the train station.

I'm waiting there in my car and I see the flood of people getting off the train and heading toward me. There were a couple of guys walking ahead of my hubs, and right before his eyes, the first one shouts out to me "Ow, girl. You lookin' good." I smile and look at DH with that look of "see, I told ya so", but it doesn't end there.

The second guy decides to take it up a notch and precedes to walk right up to my passenger side door and try to introduce himself. (For a minute there, the hubs and I both thought he was gonna try and hop in the car with me!) That is until he saw my husband walk straight up to the car to put his work bag in the boot. Of course, the hubs was giving him the laser beam stare of "hands off buddy". This second guy immediately backs up and and was like "i'm so sorry bro, my bad" and quickly scurries off.

On the way home, we had a good laugh and now all of my previous claims have been validated! The hubs admits that it must be some evolutionary instinct for guys, they just can't control themselves when they see a blonde woman driving a nice car.

*As a side note, I would have hightailed it outa there when that second guy walked up to my car, but felt ok with the hubs there, bc I'm confident there would have been some "fist to cuffs" if he had actually gotten in the car.

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
I've experienced the same sort of solicitous behavior from beautiful women while driving Challenge. It happens most in the late evening when the suns at a low angle, I'm wearing my Flying Beaver's Bar hat (courtesy of Der Flieger) and rocking out to some Beiber. That's when Challenge seem to have that animal magnetism and look our shiny best!

I used to be put off by the directness of their gazes and suggestive comments, but girls will be girls. What I really find disquieting is all the thongs left on the passenger seat when I leave Challenge's top down during my dinner. It's just too much for a country boy and his prized ride!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great story Mrs SE... I do believe this story requires some visuals...perhaps a pic of you and DH with your car?
I'll work on that for you this weekend after I install a couple mods and give the car a nice bath! ;-)

I've experienced the same sort of solicitous behavior from beautiful women while driving Challenge. It happens most in the late evening when the suns at a low angle, I'm wearing my Flying Beaver's Bar hat (courtesy of Der Flieger) and rocking out to some Beiber. That's when Challenge seem to have that animal magnetism and look our shiny best!

I used to be put off by the directness of their gazes and suggestive comments, but girls will be girls. What I really find disquieting is all the thongs left on the passenger seat when I leave Challenge's top down during my dinner. It's just too much for a country boy and his prized ride!
OMG LOL Gregg!! I hate it when when women do that to me too! Who raised these naughty ladies? The silver lining is you don't have to go thong shopping anymore! :biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
OMG LOL Gregg!! I hate it when when women do that to me too! Who raised these naughty ladies? The silver lining is you don't have to go thong shopping anymore! :biglaugh:
Photos please :biglaugh:

·
2,432 Posts
I'll work on that for you this weekend after I install a couple mods and give the car a nice bath! ;-)

Anyone who knows me says I look best in my Sumo outfit. The dental floss thongs just do not work for manly men. Challenge's thong collection wall display does bring some color to his fairly sterile looking garage. :biglaugh:

·
Fanatical Member
3,418 Posts
Damned, nothing like that ever happens to me and I just can't figure out why! Oh, the car always gets plenty of complements, but for some reason I get nada, zilch, NOTHING! Hmmm.....maybe it's my tattoos?

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,980 Posts
Oh my, who in their right mind does that?

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,631 Posts
His parents must be so proud

·
2,432 Posts
2 questions........1 statement

1) How would one get through the metal detector at the airport?
2) What would happen in the event of a lightening strike?

1) WOW! I bet that hurt!

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
Hi all

Do you think he ever takes a Selfie ???

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Ya, lovely is just what I was thinking.... He craves attention is my guess - or MAYBE he lives outdoors in a really windy place and needs tie downs.

As for airport screening, he should plan for some extra time - he's going to get to see the "special" room....

·
Registered
844 Posts
StyleEyes:
My GFs comment is she would only be concerned if the catcalls ever stop.

Stinger:
Now I know where my garden hose washer and bicycle wheel bearing went.

Gordon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts