Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm off to 0121 land tomorrow . Stay tuned for more information .

Cheers

Andy >:D>:D>:D

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,091 Posts
I know! I know! :D

·
Premium Member
11,246 Posts
Looking forward to hearing more... and then perhaps seeing more on the 11th? :D

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi All
Had to leave car there for an all nighter , Watched first Dyno pulled 300 at the wheels (not bad for 11year old car with 81k miles on the clock) . Hoping to pick up tomorrow , So I could be HEADING back to yam yam land tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi All

Off to B'ham Saturday morning to pick car up from MSL , I did not fancy the Friday afternoon traffic going in & come out the B'ham .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi All
Well went to see our SLK today but still had to leave the car there , As they were sent two left down pipes the headers are correct & fitted they have done the ECU re-map just the missing down pipe . Should be all complete to piece up Monday , I hate it when a plan does not come together . Pictures to follow .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
Hi All
Well went to see our SLK today but still had to leave the car there , As they were sent two left down pipes the headers are correct & fitted they have done the ECU re-map just the missing down pipe . Should be all complete to piece up Monday , I hate it when a plan does not come together . Pictures to follow .

Cheers

Andy
Aha so you're having Kleemann headers and ECU tune are you? Nice one Andy but doesn't that mean you're also losing a pair of cats!? What about your green credentials?! :surprise::grin:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All
So now you know why I kept the rear two Cats when I had the Xpipe mod all them years ago ,
Well Col I'm ahead of you there , I ordered a pair of Greens air filter so I got that covered .in my mind these will more than offset any thing lost from down below .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hi All
Ok here some pictures from Friday's visit . As the upgrade has not been completed it give me the chance to get afew pictures while the car was still on the lift .
This is the complete headers & downpipe on the left hand side of the car

A closer view left hand side

This is the right hand side with the missing downpipe , you can just see inside the flange area the four pipe coming into the main pipe before the downpipe

The older pipes waiting to be cut up the front CATS being left in the workshop

So yes it looks like I have joined the 2 CAT crew . Note the two scars along the pipes that's from my works car park as go in & out .

Cheers

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,438 Posts
Hi All
Ok here some pictures from Friday's visit . As the upgrade has not been completed it give me the chance to get afew pictures while the car was still on the lift .
This is the complete headers & downpipe on the left hand side of the car

A closer view left hand side

This is the right hand side with the missing downpipe , you can just see inside the flange area the four pipe coming into the main pipe before the downpipe

The older pipes waiting to be cut up the front CATS being left in the workshop

So yes it looks like I have joined the 2 CAT crew . Note the two scars along the pipes that's from my works car park as go in & out .

Cheers

Andy
Just leave it like that Andy and be the Zero Zero CAT crew! I've heard those green filters are very GREEN! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi All

Well at last got the car back today , very nice deeper noise coming out the back . Final score from dyno 336.7 @ wheels giving me 397.3 bhp @ engine . I was hoping to hit 400 bhp but I think with 81k on the clock this is close enough . MSL did a great job & stayed later than normal to finish the car today Acid & his crew a big thank you .

Cheers

Andy

·
Banned
433 Posts
Those are solid whp numbers, what was peak torque on the final run?

A 2006 SLK55 I sold had 343whp/355tq (also on dynojet) with Kleemann headers & Eurocharged tune but also with the NeedsWings dual cold air intake. I expected at most 10whp from the intake, so it's in line with your car. That car had under 50k miles.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi All
Im still waiting for my Greens air filters to turn up so they must be good for another 1 bhp

Cheers

Andy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts