Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I just got the car, but I've been around Eaton blowers before and know that they are always running conservative boost levels when they leave the assembly line. I don't want to be without my car for an extended period of time, so I went and found a dismantler locally that actually has a '02 C230 motor and bought the crank pulley from them. Here it is just prior to pulling the pulley. I'll be sorting out which company I want to go with for the pulley mod here this evening, but leaning towards Speer, mainly due to the price.

BTW, if anyone needs a line on a motor with the blower still intact but missing a crank pulley, let me know and I'll forward you the info of the place. Pic of the blower is below as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ASP was #2 on the list. They were even why I went out and got this spare pulley, since I was not wanting to have my car sit while waiting for shipping both ways (I'm on the west coast, ASP is not).

I just pulled the trigger on the Speer items tonight. Got the pulley kit and the tuning software. I'll see if I can't get a dyno visit set-up to be able to get a baseline power figure, then install the kit and flash the ECU and get after numbers as well. I've got some plans in mind for the exhaust, which I MIGHT be able to sort out before I get the dyno and install set-up (work schedule allowing). But I want to be able to actually show people what the difference is with this set-up, especially with it's low price (but wait, coming from Germany).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Uberpanzer, I know it has been over 6 months but I am very curious about your results as I am thinking of doing the same thing.
Got any info to share yet?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,354 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, had my life turned upside down, long story, but let's just say that modding the car took a back seat (pun intended with our cars) to making sure I had a roof over my head.

Parts were delivered, I've got the pulley and the software in hand, just trying to get the dyno time to get the baseline and then put the mods on. I want to make sure we've got some hard numbers for folks, beyond just "oh yeah, it's for sure got TONS more power" from the butt-dyno evaluations that are usually heard. If it works as well as I'm thinking it will, I might even decide that my 'family car' choice in the not-too-distant-future may be a C230 4dr with the same mods. Bear with me a little longer while I get the dyno side of this sorted out. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts