Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And today she will not shift out of park. Started her up, dropped the top, shifter would not let me change gears.

On my way to work will search when I get there.

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Brake switch ..?

MAy be worth a look - common problem on certain models...

Cheers
Sean

·
Registered
268 Posts
This happened to me, check if your tail brake lights lights up when you press the stop pedal. If it doesn't then you have a broken stop switch in your brake pedal. You can still change gears if this happens. There's a small hole covered by a push able flap at the end of the gear selector. Use an Allen range to push the flap and unlock the gear selector lock by simultaneously flipping a switch in there and putting the gear handle in any position.

·
Minion
5,602 Posts

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I advise not to drive it if your brake lights don't work. Just saying...
That just made me bust a gut at work lol lol thank you .. weather intentionally funny or not I needed that laugh. Every time I turn around this bizzo needs something. I am beginning to think that the previous owner only maintained the exterior. Because every time I turn around, she needs a repair.

I will check the break lights again when I get home and I'll keep reading about this switch.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That just made me bust a gut at work lol lol thank you .. weather intentionally funny or not I needed that laugh. Every time I turn around this bizzo needs something. I am beginning to think that the previous owner only maintained the exterior. Because every time I turn around, she needs a repair.

I will check the break lights again when I get home and I'll keep reading about this switch.
I agree with others. Definitely won't hurt changing. Costs just a few $$ =)

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drive north a little ways! I'm sure a Packer fan will assist a damsel in distress :)
lol lol lol ..ugh.. I love you people lol.

With a little help in pm's I have found the part and will pick it up on lunch. I have all the instructions now..and photos LOL! If I can't do this, someone will have to revoke my chick card.. seriously.

·
Registered
148 Posts

With a little help in pm's I have found the part and will pick it up on lunch. I have all the instructions now..and photos LOL! If I can't do this, someone will have to revoke my chick card.. seriously.
Oh dear!!! I have this mental image of you upside down with your head under the dash. :biglaugh: I won't go into the details of the rest of the image...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Alright ill detail what happened to me, when the same thing happened I thought the transmission lever was broken. I didn't have time to have it checked, so I didn't have it repaired yet, and because I could unlock the lever on park I didn't mind it at all and just waited until ill have the time to get around to it. During this time the brake lights were still working. Up until I did a convoy trip with my friends that they noticed during the trip that my brake lights went out. But the bulb blown warning light on the dash didn't light up. So I had it checked out because at first I couldn't find the problem. Then the mechanic told me it was the brake switch that was broken, only paid around 15 dollars for the part and the service. Wasn't able to see how he did it but he finished the job in 10 mins.

·
Registered
268 Posts

You got this! I know you can do it! :)

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got off the phone with the dealership-after a little retail research.

Autozone has to order it, and it's $30
Oreillys auto parts has to order it, and it's $25
Auto Depot has to order it, and it's $34

The MB dealership around the corner states the part number has AGAIN changed to: A001545950905 [epc does not reflect this change yet] and the cost is $21. I'm picking it up at lunch.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Just got off the phone with the dealership-after a little retail research.

Autozone has to order it, and it's $30
Oreillys auto parts has to order it, and it's $25
Auto Depot has to order it, and it's $34

The MB dealership around the corner states the part number has AGAIN changed to: A001545950905 [epc does not reflect this change yet] and the cost is $21. I'm picking it up at lunch.
That's weird since I already have this part # in my EPC for my model:
I think I pm'ed it to you. "...mine the latest part # shows as A 001 545 95 09"

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My epc shows the same part you have me. But when I called the parts department he couldn't find it at first then realized epc didn't have the. 05 on the end.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
maybe they can 'pop' it in for you as a courtesy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
My epc shows the same part you have me. But when I called the parts department he couldn't find it at first then realized epc didn't have the. 05 on the end.
That's just their system they use. When I ordered the camshaft magnet they also came up with two additional digits =) But basically the beginning should be the same. I think they just add it for reference and their internal use. Anyway glad we could locate the right part for you! :tu:

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. there is NO way anyone is installing this without removing the black plastic piece that's held in place by 2 screws [one of which was stripped, lucky me. So I literally bent the plastic and moved it to the other side to get a real look at what was going on].

2. the female form is NOT meant to lay in the cab.. period :biglaugh: THAT sucks.. truly. Thank god for cushins on the ground because i'm 5ft people, it wasn't happening

Everything else I cannot even TELL you about.. it took me an hour. YES.. one hour.

15 minutes to figure out wth I was looking at
15 minutes to attempt to take off stripped screws from the black plastic plate down there
15 minutes to melt down in the absolute most girl way that I will never admit
15 minutes to take it out and put it back in

Thanks guys.. thank you thank you thank you..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,206 Posts
Yay!!!!! is this forum and its wonderful members the bestest!!!

so your crappy start to the day ended gloriously!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.