Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An open invitation to a track day, March 19th in Suffolk.

My track-day car (Porsche 944 2.7l) is going to have some major suspension surgery done this coming weekend. We're lowering the car, replacing the “standard” set up with some fully adjustable Spax coilovers and replacing the standard bushes with Powerflex polybushes. After that we're going to set up the geometry and corner weight the car. If we have time after all that, we'll fit the new Cobra Suzuka GT race seats and do some more work on the interior (ripping things out).

We'll be testing the car on a track day at Woodbridge Airfield in Suffolk on Saturday the 19th March. It is being run by Javelin Trackdays (Javelin Trackdays - List of Track Days) and the cost is currently £129 for a full day open pit lane. Woodbridge is one of the safest venues available to run your car to its limit, is ideal for novices and is an interesting and challenging layout.

I (probably) won't have my SLK there, the point for us is to test the 944 2.7, but I would enjoy seeing some SLKs come out to play and it would be good to catch up with some fellow owners.

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a bit of a stretch for me too, Tony. I'll be making an overnight stop in Ipswich beforehand.

The track car lives with its co-owner in Colchester, so Woodbridge is very convenient from that perspective. Hence our choice of that as a test venue. If the changes turn the car into a badly handling, undrivable lump, we won't have hauled it over a long distance at unnecessary expense to find out.

Plus, of course, Woodbridge is fun!

If we're happy with it, then we'll run it at other venues throughout the year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.