Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
* Registered
2013 - SLK250 AMG SPORT CDi
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day from Sunny Bedfordshire UK.

I have wanted an SLK for the last 8 years, I settled on a new Merc C250 AMG Sport in 2011 and then I decided I wanted the SLK, maybe after the lease finished… I then went for an Evoque on lease, but still wanted my fun car. However, I wanted a precise model.

I wanted a white one, had to be a SLK250 AMG Sport CDi, I wanted all the extras, glass roof, Sat Nav, heated seats, it had to be immaculate, low mileage, owned by an 82 year old man who only put on 5,000 miles a year and serviced it proper like...

BINGO! I found it, I wasn't even looking, it just popped up on Facebook and it had just a few off focus photos, but I got in there first, emailed the guy, he was really nice, I asked all the questions I had in my head, got lots of choice photos and guess what.. he was 82, had the car for several years and never put more than 5K a year on the car, kept the receipts for everything and had a portfolio of paperwork. Perrrfeeeccct.

So, the problem was... it was 200 miles away in a locked down country and 237 other watchers, it was only three hours listed now. We made a verbal deal over the phone and he was a man of his word... I found a good recovery company that went down, picked it up and it is now here on my drive.. YIPPEE!

The wife thought I was mad washing it in the rain, but hey ho! achooooooooo...

I would like to ask those kind people on here for the free data card option, I have downloaded the iphone app one, but wouldlike to see yours, if I could thank you and I will post this in the right place in a mo...

Mods I want:

Already started, no use in waiting, I have ordered the black centre caps, for the AMG and the tyre valves in black AMG, have made enquiries with Max Profile for the spraying and tidying up of my wheels, then that part is done.

I love the smart top chip, will invest there, also the apple play and decent sat nav that I read on here, want one of those too... I would need professional help mind, I'm not competent in electronics.

I want the illuminated logo on the wing mirrors then Ill stop for a breath...

Thanks for letting me join and lets hope we get through this covid pandemic staying safe and well..

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
102,342 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

operators-manual

mods you should do:
smarttop

What is this SmartTOP all the members keep talking about?

Lube those seals:

Your brochure:
Mercedes Brochure Archive

Free Gift!: Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car).

FREE!! How to get a free datacard!

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,342 Posts
Welcome from Canada 😄 🇨🇦

·
102,342 Posts
gummi? you read the link in my welcome? click it :D

·
* Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gummi? you read the link in my welcome? click it :D
Yep, read and will see if amazon UK has it, good to know... Do I assume Merc would do this on a service, or is it a special request? I have just got mine and want to take it to Mercedes to have them check it and have a good look over it.

Thanks Dave...

·
102,342 Posts
Yep, read and will see if amazon UK has it, good to know... Do I assume Merc would do this on a service, or is it a special request? I have just got mine and want to take it to Mercedes to have them check it and have a good look over it.

Thanks Dave...
merc will not do it without charging you for it
they might do a courtesy roof inspection to make sure roof working ok

do the gummi and lithium grease yourself

thread shows u all the spots to gummi and hinges and joints to lithium gread
and broomstick thread to keep top open

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
729 Posts
Good day from Sunny Bedfordshire UK.

I have wanted an SLK for the last 8 years, I settled on a new Merc C250 AMG Sport in 2011 and then I decided I wanted the SLK, maybe after the lease finished… I then went for an Evoque on lease, but still wanted my fun car. However, I wanted a precise model.

I wanted a white one, had to be a SLK250 AMG Sport CDi, I wanted all the extras, glass roof, Sat Nav, heated seats, it had to be immaculate, low mileage, owned by an 82 year old man who only put on 5,000 miles a year and serviced it proper like...

BINGO! I found it, I wasn't even looking, it just popped up on Facebook and it had just a few off focus photos, but I got in there first, emailed the guy, he was really nice, I asked all the questions I had in my head, got lots of choice photos and guess what.. he was 82, had the car for several years and never put more than 5K a year on the car, kept the receipts for everything and had a portfolio of paperwork. Perrrfeeeccct.

So, the problem was... it was 200 miles away in a locked down country and 237 other watchers, it was only three hours listed now. We made a verbal deal over the phone and he was a man of his word... I found a good recovery company that went down, picked it up and it is now here on my drive.. YIPPEE!

The wife thought I was mad washing it in the rain, but hey ho! achooooooooo...

I would like to ask those kind people on here for the free data card option, I have downloaded the iphone app one, but wouldlike to see yours, if I could thank you and I will post this in the right place in a mo...

Mods I want:

Already started, no use in waiting, I have ordered the black centre caps, for the AMG and the tyre valves in black AMG, have made enquiries with Max Profile for the spraying and tidying up of my wheels, then that part is done.

I love the smart top chip, will invest there, also the apple play and decent sat nav that I read on here, want one of those too... I would need professional help mind, I'm not competent in electronics.

I want the illuminated logo on the wing mirrors then Ill stop for a breath...

Thanks for letting me join and lets hope we get through this covid pandemic staying safe and well..
Yaaay, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum David. Great choice!

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
3,224 Posts
Welcome from South Bucks (y)
~~ Do I assume Merc would do this on a service, or is it a special request? I have just got mine and want to take it to Mercedes to have them check it and have a good look over it.
They use to treat the Roof Seals on My R171/350, but not treated My R172, during the last two services...
So best to do them Your self:

·
* Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
merc will not do it without charging you for it
they might do a courtesy roof inspection to make sure roof working ok

do the gummi and lithium grease yourself

thread shows u all the spots to gummi and hinges and joints to lithium gread
and broomstick thread to keep top open
Right Amazon (Other worldwide take over the world companies are available) are delivering me my Gummi Bears oops Gummi Pflege and the lithium grease is on its way... Thanks

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
7,630 Posts
Welcome from Mersea Island, Essex, UK.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts