Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my ongoing voyage to debug PSE problems I have just discovered that there is a ground fault.

Terminal 2 at the trunk separation connector is supposed to be a ground connection to point W7. ( right rear wheel well ) I stripped the boot lock to test the rotary switch, it worked, put it all back together and it seemed to have stopped. Since this switch just grounds out one line or the other I tested the ground and discovered no ground on the connector.

With one lead on the vehicle frame ( boot lock strike ) and the other in the connector I can get the resistance to vary from open circuit to a few ohms just by ........ rocking the car back and forth against the gearbox park! ( I've got some video of it )

W7 is buried under the boot liner and that is tangled up in the boot mechanism. Reaching in to one of the access hatches ( over the rear shock absorber I can feel a harness with my finger tips. Moving it about a little gives the same effect as rocking the car.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Guess the liner's got to come out :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good luck with that, it's not such a bad job to do really. You have to open the roof part way to get access at times it's not hard just time consuming.
If you don't have garage space to open the roof wait for a dry day.

Bob

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
Good catch

Good catch!
Obvious that an area that suffers with moisture is also likely to suffer with corrosion, especially for electrical systems.
Did you manage to strip this out, and how difficult was it? Did it produce the result that you hoped for? And so what was the original problem?
Anon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.