Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Vegas baby!!

I use to hit Vegas at least twice a year. Lately I'm lucky to make it once a year. How many AZ members are on this forum?

Rabbit
You know about the SLKWorld retreat in Vegas this October, right?

There are about 80 registered members from AZ. I'd say we have about 6-10 that are fairly active on the forum. We would love to have more!

What time does C&C-Scottsdale start?

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts

There are about 80 registered members from AZ. I'd say we have about 6-10 that are fairly active on the forum. We would love to have more!

Summer hours for C&C is 7:30 start. Still not sure if they will meet on the holiday weekend yet. http://www.mbworld.org/forums/events-gatherings/353516-scottsdale-cars-coffee-6-5-10-a.html

http://www.vividracing.com/forums/regional-forum/24025-scottsdale-cars-coffee-full-exotics-6-5-10-a.html

·
Registered
346 Posts

My largest problem is the lack of vacation time. I'm taking a cruise to Hawaii in September which will eat up all of my remaining time and then some. Leaving Friday night to Vegas and coming home before work on Monday can however happen.

Rabbit

·
Registered
346 Posts
If I recall correctly their is a Pei Way in that little area, or close by. I use to eat lunch their often. I bet the wife would love to go check out the Lambo's. For some reason she has it in her head that a Lamborghini is her dream car.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I bet the wife would love to go check out the Lambo's. For some reason she has it in her head that a Lamborghini is her dream car.
:biglaugh: for some reason my wife thinks a black Ferrari is her dream car:biglaugh:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good stuff! I live in Peoria, up North a bit (Vistancia). It's nice too see there is interest in an AZ club. It seems I cross paths with more and more SLKs each day. Enough of them to think I deserve to have been spotted by now... Lol. Anyway, this sounds great! Our life schedules don't allow for as much free time as I'd like so I couldn't give an official "I'm in!" at this time. I am, however, very intrigued and will be watching the forum for more from the local folk. Take care and drive safe-ish...especially out in those monsoons!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I've lost track of how many SLK's I've seen now. There is far more then I expected. I think working in North Scottsdale kind of increases the numbers a bit. I did see a black SLK 55 AMG about a week ago making a right on to Hayden from Shea. I thought of Cold Shot.

I wish I could trust people not to ding my car all up, if I could I would drive and park it more often. As it stands now I have very little faith in humanity not to trash my car. The people I park next to at work have cars of equal value and would never intentionally slam a door in to the car. Anywhere else, I'm not convinced some people wouldn't do so on purpose. Yes it's already happen once.

Hope to meet more fellow Arizonians in the future.

Rabbit

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I've lost track of how many SLK's I've seen now. There is far more then I expected. I think working in North Scottsdale kind of increases the numbers a bit. I did see a black SLK 55 AMG about a week ago making a right on to Hayden from Shea. I thought of Cold Shot.
That could have been me. I'm in that area about once a week. Twice if I go to the g un club. Funny thing, I thought of you about a week ago. I saw a nice C-class on the 101 North of Shea with plates that read white rabbit! I am pretty sure you would have told us if you had another Benz, however.

·
Registered
346 Posts
That could have been me. I'm in that area about once a week. Twice if I go to the g un club. Funny thing, I thought of you about a week ago. I saw a nice C-class on the 101 North of Shea with plates that read white rabbit! I am pretty sure you would have told us if you had another Benz, however.
Nope, only one Benz for me :( I once owned a 2006 Silver Rabbit for 2k miles, traded it back in on the GTI which was white. I even added a Rabbit to my GTI logo. I was hell on wheels with that car, so most people that remembered me did so for all the wrong reasons. Not that I don't annoy one or two with the SLK, if they did something to provoke me of course.

I'll keep an eye open for your SLK. It's the only 55 AMG I've seen so far, come to think of it I've not seen anything above a 280 so far. A 230, a 300 (280) a 320 (R170). Hmm.

Perhaps I'll catch up with ya at a Cars and Coffee sometime.

Rabbit

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Rabbit,
Just pay special attention next time you see a black '55. Look for David's clear front side markers or the personalized license plate and then you'll know it's him:)

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Number 1,000 ain't that special

I'm thinking early September might afford me some time to organize an event. What do you guys think of something the weekend of Labor Day? I'm thinking cars, coffee, roadtrip, lunch, in the Tucson area. Or we can make it an afternoon/evening affair--afternoon roadtrip, dinner, post-dinner entertainment.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Rabbit,
Just pay special attention next time you see a black '55. Look for David's clear front side markers or the personalized license plate and then you'll know it's him:)
Don't forget my stubby antenna (compliments of Eddy) and my SLKWorld decal!! I may be doing C & C in Scottsdale Saturday as I am a bachelor this week. The wife is out of town.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I'm thinking early September might afford me some time to organize an event. What do you guys think of something the weekend of Labor Day? I'm thinking cars, coffee, roadtrip, lunch, in the Tucson area. Or we can make it an afternoon/evening affair--afternoon roadtrip, dinner, post-dinner entertainment.
I never have more than 2 weeks of notice for my international trips, but I would like to participate if I am around.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Don't forget my stubby antenna (compliments of Eddy) and my SLKWorld decal!! I may be doing C & C in Scottsdale Saturday as I am a bachelor this week. The wife is out of town.
If I didn't have to work this Saturday I would have been at C&C. I should be able to make the one in September. I will be in Vegas at the retreat in October.

Rabbit

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hey!
Welcome from Tucson. Check out the Retreat section here

Then get your hotel booked and also look www.slkretreat.com for details on planned events. We might have a nice AZ showing in Vegas this year:)

21 - 40 of 91 Posts