Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Arizona section of SLK World is now forming an official club!
:)
Within our vast state, we've got enough miles of wide-open flat straight-a-ways and twisty scenic canyon and mountain roads to last us a lifetime. Combine that with our incredible weather and there's no reason you can't enjoy your SLK every day of the year. In my opinion, the only thing that could be more fun than enjoying your SLK is to enjoy it with fellow owners sharing camaraderie and a common love of this great auto. If you are an AZ member or live in a nearby state and want to become part of our club and help plan our first event, please contact me by PM. Please also reply to this thread and append your name below.

Brian_74 (Brian)

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
You know I'm in Brian!!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
That's great news! When you add it I'll turn it on and then it will get indexed in search engines and hopefully anyone searching for an SLK Club in your area will pick it up too besides the members on this site.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great news! When you add it I'll turn it on and then it will get indexed in search engines and hopefully anyone searching for an SLK Club in your area will pick it up too besides the members on this site.
Can club name and slogan/tagline be changed? We need to come up with a name and slogan, unless we just want it to be SLK AZ or something simple.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
How about AZ Kickers.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Club application submitted!

Cold Shot, I like AZ Kickers, but clearly this needs to be contemplated over a bottle of wine or two and perhaps in good company of a fellow SLK owner:) I stuck with a simple name for now.

Ken, I didn't choose yes for discussion or calendar support. Maybe you can tell me what additional benefits that offers and if the other clubs use it?

Thanks much!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Very Cool :tu:, I mean, HOT, since it's Arizona :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Congrats! This has now been added to the growing SLK Clubs. Those options are if you wanted to tie the club into the SLKWorld calendar or have a dedicated section.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Brian,

Just let me know where and when and I'll be there. I'd be happy to help work on the club name over a nice bottle of something red.

Mel

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the interest guys! My next two weekends are looking busy. I think Cold Shot (David) is about to get real busy as well.

kcb98, do you get into Tucson at all? Even if just for a couple hours? You stationed at Ft. Huachuca?

I'm going to contact another Tucson guy and see if he's up for a gathering.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the interest guys! My next two weekends are looking busy. I think Cold Shot (David) is about to get real busy as well.

kcb98, do you get into Tucson at all? Even if just for a couple hours? You stationed at Ft. Huachuca?

I'm going to contact another Tucson guy and see if he's up for a gathering.

I am stationed at Huachuca, but I won't be back for a few months. I do make it to Tucson fairly often, which reminds me... the backroads between Huachuca and Tucson through Elgin and Sonoita past the wineries would make for a nice Sunday drive with the top down. Check it out sometime.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am stationed at Huachuca, but I won't be back for a few months. I do make it to Tucson fairly often, which reminds me... the backroads between Huachuca and Tucson through Elgin and Sonoita past the wineries would make for a nice Sunday drive with the top down. Check it out sometime.
Yes they would, and Hwy 83 from Sonoita to I-10 is a great drive--curvy and hilly for a while, then finishing with a looooong straight-a-way :) In the meantime, the AZ group may meet without you somewhere. Gotta keep the momentum going!

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 more month

My time overseas is getting shorter! I'm already planning an epic road trip and shopping online for SLK goodies. I'm glad that I bought my SLK when I did but it sure has been difficult knowing thats its just sitting in the garage.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Great news! Any plans to attend the Vegas Retreat?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Vegas Meet

Hopefully I'll be able to attend the Vegas meet, but I'm not sure what my schedule will look like this fall. I'll know more after I return to AZ.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Another Arizonian interested in club activities.

I live in Glendale and would like to be kept informed of scheduled activities.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
I live in Glendale and would like to be kept informed of scheduled activities.
Glad to see another member is in my area. I'm in the North Valley near Desert Ridge. Hopefully we will get something going soon and will all meet.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts