Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... anyone know of anything new coming down the line for AMG transmissions?
I had heard of a DSG type tranny being developed - maybe AMG has seen the light :)

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I hope they do, the SLK owners have been demanding faster shifts ever since. The Fastest setup they have got are on the CLK63 BS and SLR 722.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Hey guys... anyone know of anything new coming down the line for AMG transmissions?
I had heard of a DSG type tranny being developed - maybe AMG has seen the light :)
Yep, AMG is way behind, porsche/audi has DSG, lambo has e-gear, ferraris has F1, BMW has SMG, and MB has the traditional slush box, really sad, IMO. I guess they don't think MB drivers cares for fast shifts.

I hope they do, the SLK owners have been demanding faster shifts ever since. The Fastest setup they have got are on the CLK63 BS and SLR 722.
Even those aren't that good, heard they have just a little bit better software, MB needs the real thing.

D

·
0 Posts
The 722 uses the 5 Spd box to get the fastest shifts it can.

I wouldn't expect to see anything for the 55 engine, its making its way toward the exit so i don't see any reason for AMG to develop a box for it.

The 63/5 is another matter altogether.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The 722 uses the 5 Spd box to get the fastest shifts it can.

I wouldn't expect to see anything for the 55 engine, its making its way toward the exit so i don't see any reason for AMG to develop a box for it.

The 63/5 is another matter altogether.
It isn't that bad of an engine. With some simple mods, it could put out 400hp (ala Black Series).
It takes a beating and keeps on kicking.

D

·
0 Posts
I totally agree in fact I've defended it on this forum before, i think its a sledgehammer of an engine awesome bit of kit.

What i meant was AMG are phasing it out and since every transmission must be customized for each model and engine it doesn't make any sense for AMG to develop a new box for the 171 113 and have it totally redundant when the 171 goes out of production.

They are more likely to focus on 172.

D

·
0 Posts
I've not been following much of the facelift stuff to be honest but i know the steering geometry has been changed slightly so i guess your referring to the 171 with the gearbox comment also mate.

10% faster is probably what i have achieved its all just software and software lag, simple enough to work with.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've not been following much of the facelift stuff to be honest but i know the steering geometry has been changed slightly so i guess your referring to the 171 with the gearbox comment also mate.

10% faster is probably what i have achieved its all just software and software lag, simple enough to work with.
How did you mod the sofware?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Not sure i understand mate?

I copied it off of the controller onto DAS then onto my machine, modded it and put it back onto the controller.
Okay, understand. I haven't noticed a problem, except under heavy excelleration at higher speeds, you can really "feel" the transmission go to the next gear (sort of a jerk?). But still, AMG still shifts faster than almost everyone with a manual, so I am happy!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.