Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2002 SLK32 AMG and I would like to swap the auto tranny for a manual one, but I was wondering if this is possible for the AMG? Or if its safe for it? Like swapping it for another slk manual tranny?

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
For what its worth i converted an old trans am from a auto to a manual. I had to replace the rear end, drive shaft, tranny mounts, make a clutch pedal assy, cut a hole in the trans tunnel and add a different fly wheel. Not sure how much of a job it would be for the SLK.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I have a 2002 SLK32 AMG and I would like to swap the auto tranny for a manuel one, but I was wondering if this is possible for the AMG? Or if its safe for it? Like swapping it for another slk manuel tranny?
As a lifelong advocate of manual gear boxes, I totally agree with your sentiment, but Manuel Tranny sounds like a cross dressing Spaniard :)

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,413 Posts
Yes could be done but it will be a major project as explained by Livefreeordie. Many parts will need to changed, Livefreeodrie just mention some, other could be console, the ECU as the display on the dash shows what gear the auto is in and mode. It could be a long list of items that could be very costly. I did an engine swap one time and there was many problems and cost a lot more than planned when it was finished. It was a different engine from a different car, was from the same family of cars.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright thanks for the info and heads up, if I ever get a quote on the cost ill post it, hopefully not to much and ill have the 1st manual 2002 SLK32 AMG ;) (that I know of lol)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.