Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
55 Wheels

Wanted to get a new post in the AMG section! It's been a week and no new posts. I have my 07 55 on order and it should be here in late October (give or take). I have already purchased aftermarket wheels (iForged Evolutions, a favorite of mine). I will be selling my take-off spoke wheels at that time - wheels only, the tires will go on the new rims. If you have an interest, let me know and I'll keep track. Not sure about price - I've seen where others say anywhere from $1200 - 1500 is a fair deal. Opinions?

Bob

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
bob44 said:
Wanted to get a new post in the AMG section! It's been a week and no new posts. I have my 07 55 on order and it should be here in late October (give or take). I have already purchased aftermarket wheels (iForged Evolutions, a favorite of mine). I will be selling my take-off spoke wheels at that time - wheels only, the tires will go on the new rims. If you have an interest, let me know and I'll keep track. Not sure about price - I've seen where others say anywhere from $1200 - 1500 is a fair deal. Opinions? Bob
:tu: Most factory wheels are difficult to sell, but not impossible. First, set a realistic price, and second, advertise on every possible source. The SLK 55 AMG wheels are unique and would be more desirable than most factory wheels. I never see any advertised on eBay, that's good. Many MB owners don't frequent the forums and that's why eBay is a good place to sell. Also, utilize every MB forum classified section online. Tons of aftermarket wheels for all vehicle available and that's what makes selling factory wheels difficult. One other possibility, sell your wheels individually. Many have damaged wheels or would want a spare. This might be your best bet to sell. Good luck!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Tslick and -1-, thanks for the feedback. When I actually have my OEM wheels available to sell, I'll follow that advice.

Bob

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
bob44 said:
Wanted to get a new post in the AMG section! It's been a week and no new posts. I have my 07 55 on order and it should be here in late October (give or take). I have already purchased aftermarket wheels (iForged Evolutions, a favorite of mine). I will be selling my take-off spoke wheels at that time - wheels only, the tires will go on the new rims. If you have an interest, let me know and I'll keep track. Not sure about price - I've seen where others say anywhere from $1200 - 1500 is a fair deal. Opinions?

Bob
$1200 - 1500 with tires, w/o it's going to be cheaper, sad I think, it should be selling for double at least but stock wheels are hard to sell, like you, most ppl are getting aftermarket wheels. They only buy stock if it's really cheap, for the winter and or track beaters.

iForged evolutions are nice, make sure to post pics when you get your SLK and have it installed. :hb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.