Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to highlight people to the private lounge for AMG owners.

You need a vin for your car if I remember correctly.

The forum sometimes is very slow, but good information is attained from the AMG team via a slow process and the guys who run the site. I would visit this site though if your an AMG fan solely for the wealth of information on the history of AMG, the models of cars they have produced and a very graphically pleasing catelouge images of all things ///AMG. they do have some cool stuff on there which is pretty unique to the site.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/

Brian

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
Just to highlight people to the private lounge for AMG owners.

You need a vin for your car if I remember correctly.

The forum sometimes is very slow, but good information is attained from the AMG team via a slow process and the guys who run the site. I would visit this site though if your an AMG fan solely for the wealth of information on the history of AMG, the models of cars they have produced and a very graphically pleasing catelouge images of all things ///AMG. they do have some cool stuff on there which is pretty unique to the site.

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/privatelounge/

Brian
From what i have heard about the site is sounds real good but at the moment it is limited to the US market only i tried to register my 55 and had no luck.

AMG said that it was not yet ready for other markets they did not do into why.

But with a bit of luck it could be ready for my market soon so i am checking the site every single day i want to see what you guy's are going on about!

Cheers
Dan

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologise dan I didnt know it was a US thing only. I'll post a messege within the site asking about when it opens it's door to the rest of the continents.

Brian

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
I apologise dan I didnt know it was a US thing only. I'll post a messege within the site asking about when it opens it's door to the rest of the continents.

Brian
no need to apologise at all my friend i am glad that it is working for you guys i just wish they would hurry up and make it available to me i paid for the dammed car (they managed the taking of my money bit quite easy i should add) now i want the gimmicks to go along with the thing.

thank you very much in advance for making the enquiries it is very much appreciated

cheers
dan

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
Strange there are a few europeans on there.. I'm wondering now if I move back to the UK will they kick me off? ;)
Maybe its the UK market its not ready for yet what with the steering wheel being on the correct side and everything :D

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
ROFLOL!!:D

That is too funny!!!

but I'm confused...someone help me out...

I am a relatively new Merecedes owner.
I purchased my pre-owned 2000 SLK230 Copper Designo in Feb.

It is stock from Mercedes and has AMG wheels and AMG stamped on the ground effects.

Is it considered an AMG?

Thanks,
SLKman

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing it's been modded a little? but not too clued up on the R170, I'm sure some guys on here would know though. I think the only AMG R170 was the SLK32

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
easty said:
I'm guessing it's been modded a little? but not too clued up on the R170, I'm sure some guys on here would know though. I think the only AMG R170 was the SLK32
It isnt a full amg , It might have the AMG sport package.
An AMG r170 is the SLK32, 3.2l which is a 6cyl supercharged engine

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Gotchya!
I took the "AMG" out of my car discription. :(
Oh well, I like it just the same. :D

Thanks for the info.

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
Play with the Vin num a little, not sure it would really matter?
Thats what i thought about doing but i can see myself entering a Vin that came from a C class then talking about the SLK and getting busted

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah I don't think they have a clue or really care too much, I'm sure the system they have keeps most of the Non owners and random people out but I really doubt they watch over that kind of stuff. I spoke to the guys that do the forum once and they admitted it was just to attain that "private" and at the moment aimed at the US market. Although It seems some Vin numbers from Europe work.

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
Ah I don't think they have a clue or really care too much, I'm sure the system they have keeps most of the Non owners and random people out but I really doubt they watch over that kind of stuff. I spoke to the guys that do the forum once and they admitted it was just to attain that "private" and at the moment aimed at the US market. Although It seems some Vin numbers from Europe work.
Cheers easty i will give my uncle a ring he lives in the US and has a SL55 but can't work a computer so i should be OK using his VIN i think :D

Dan

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not that it's really that active anyhow. They do have some cool general info on AMG's though. And some awesome contest. Of which one I won. 8)

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
Not that it's really that active anyhow. They do have some cool general info on AMG's though. And some awesome contest. Of which one I won. 8)
What did you win mate

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A trip to some sporting awards in barcelona. 3 very plush evening dinners. 3 nights in a very plush hotel with loads of celebs. 2 days at the circuit de cataluna in SLK Asia, Mclaren SLR and DTM taxi rides. Pretty awesome long weekend really. Highlights for me were meeting JK and V Rossi and the ride in the DTM car with Bernd Maylander (F1 Safety car driver).

loads of shots at Here and a few more here

Then to top it off I drove up the coast to monaco for the monte carlo GP. ;) pics for that here

D

·
0 Posts
easty said:
A trip to some sporting awards in barcelona. 3 very plush evening dinners. 3 nights in a very plush hotel with loads of celebs. 2 days at the circuit de cataluna in SLK Asia, Mclaren SLR and DTM taxi rides. Pretty awesome long weekend really. Highlights for me were meeting JK and V Rossi and the ride in the DTM car with Bernd Maylander (F1 Safety car driver).

loads of shots at Here and a few more here

Then to top it off I drove up the coast to monaco for the monte carlo GP. ;) pics for that here
Nice one mate

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.