Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went early (8am) to Newport Beach, CA for the AMG Performance Tour (scheduled for 9-5) and chat with the ladies and got to watch the team get ready for the 9am show.

Below are some photos.

AMG module where there was an initial presentation by Tony.

Next few pix are of cars in the showroom. I believe y'all know the model and designations:

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dyno set-up (Tslick had the best time of 6.3 seconds from 0-100 mph using paddle shifter:tu:)

More piccies:

Facelift SLK 55:

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AMG 6.3 engine:

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nothing like a nice drive on PCH after the event. It was great to see v8SLK and Tslick. Sorry we missed the others.

Tslick aka Mr. Pathfinder:

Self-explanatory: Man, I like the look of the modified R170 antenna :D

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Momentos from this morning's event:

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
It was a good time and surprised by the amount of interest in the AMG event. I expected around 10 people but there must of been 30 for the morning session.

Took a sled out (E63) for a spin and surprised how well it braked. Mushy steering wise, but able to take a turn at speed. Turned hard onto the freeway on ramp and by the time I reached the freeway was doing ~80. Impressive.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
wow. I can't wait for December, and to get home and see these pics on a decent screen. Congrats to Tslick on the dyno trials.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Man I forgot to fill out the survey so I could get the hat before I left! Oh well..........I hit the 0-100 in 6.7 seconds. My gf hit it in 6.9 seconds...........I thought she was gonna beat me and the guy announcing told the whole world that the pressure was on me to beat her. All in all it was a pretty good day.......god the torque on the C63 is AMAZING! I could not get enough of the sound of that thing pulling away. It was funny watching cops roll around on the SIDEWALK with their motorcycles in order to hide and try to catch speeding test drivers tho.............

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Looks like it was a great event. I want an SLR (but won't be able to afford it) :(

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank you for sharing, you've seem to certainely have enjoyed it. Is it me or the first SLR Roadster is gorgeous, seriously I really love the SLR Roadster, CLK63 BS and the C63.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Thanks for all the pics! Can't wait until it hits ATL. Looks like another ugly SLR interior.:td:

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can either sign up online or just appear and register at the event. I saw quite a few people browsing and then deciding to register for the event. But I would call to double check..........

·
19,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you just show up, or have to sign up somewhere?
Best to pre-register or get an invite. Ask your local MB. If the turn-out is slow or small, then you should be able to register on-the-spot without an invite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts