Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All...

I've joined this site some time ago when I decided to replace my BMW Z4 Coupe with something 'else'... I just needed more POWER!!!

So in February I placed an order for a 2009 SLK55 AMG... arrived two weeks ago.

Now my question... I order the 'AMG Performance Steering'. I noticed that the left side of the steering is has a noticeably larger gap compared to the right side (see pic). Do I need to replace the steering? Can it be fixed? Is it a DIY?

Thanks all... love this forum :)

Attachments

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Arabian, I dont know about this but I am sure it can be fixed. We will just wait for Dan to chime in as he is an expert with these things.

·
Premium Member 2017 SLC 300 Founding member #7
2,158 Posts
Welcome!!!

I suspect it can just be replaced. I am on my 3rd steering wheel. The first one was starting to have some stitching come loose and they said to just replace it rather than try to fix it. The replacement had a crack in the wood at the bottom. So I am on my 3rd one which is good so far.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

This forum is great... very informative.

I will try to post pics soon.

Other than the steering issue, I ordered the car with the Universal Media Interface, BUT the module was not found when the car arrived (custom socket in glovebox and option available in Comand).

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi

im new here. on this sit
i have a slk55 amg but i just hit my front bumper and i need to replace it cause it crask but i cant fine a bumper that have the amg look. u know the amg have the air vent on the side for the break. so i just wonder if anyone here can help me out with it. thank you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Hi All...

I've joined this site some time ago when I decided to replace my BMW Z4 Coupe with something 'else'... I just needed more POWER!!!

So in February I placed an order for a 2009 SLK55 AMG... arrived two weeks ago.

Now my question... I order the 'AMG Performance Steering'. I noticed that the left side of the steering is has a noticeably larger gap compared to the right side (see pic). Do I need to replace the steering? Can it be fixed? Is it a DIY?

Thanks all... love this forum :)
Interesting, I'm going to look at my steering wheel in the AM. It's getting too dark right now and I've had a couple of beers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.