Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Don't forget your cat nap
191 Posts
I give up. What's he doing to offend you? Is it the California license plate? That is kind of annoying alright .;)

Ken

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I give up. What's he doing to offend you? Is it the California license plate? That is kind of annoying alright .;)

Ken
Actually Ken, had I been offended by this poser, then I would not have gone to the trouble of depersonalizing the image by removing the numbers from the license plate. So the answer to your question is - "no offense was taken".

However, when people see a thing that is amusing to them - such being the case here - many will take a picture of that thing and post it on the Web so that the merriment can be shared with like-minded individuals. You may find this shocking but that premise is what a significant portion of the Internet is built on (the largest sub section of that portion being pictures of cats).

Lastly, if you find my post and similar ones to be questionable or mean-spirited, then I'd remind you that you're currently browsing an entire tree of this forum that is called "Mercedes Benz Posers" and is, in fact, dedicated to that subject.

·
Don't forget your cat nap
191 Posts
Actually Ken, had I been offended by this poser, then I would not have gone to the trouble of depersonalizing the image by removing the numbers from the license plate. So the answer to your question is - "no offense was taken".

However, when people see a thing that is amusing to them - such being the case here - many will take a picture of that thing and post it on the Web so that the merriment can be shared with like-minded individuals. You may find this shocking but that premise is what a significant portion of the Internet is built on (the largest sub section of that portion being pictures of cats).

Lastly, if you find my post and similar ones to be questionable or mean-spirited, then I'd remind you that you're currently browsing an entire tree of this forum that is called "Mercedes Benz Posers" and is, in fact, dedicated to that subject.
Actually, my question was a serious one, but I intended it to be amusing, although I don't feel bad that it seemed to annoy you.:D When I look at the photo, I see nothing out of place. Perhaps someone who is more into badging could explain what doesn't belong and why. If you did not live in California, I am sure you would have found the license plate part of my post amusing also. :biglaugh:

The fact the forum has this particular sub forum is something I did not realize until you pointed it out and quite frankly find it inappropriate.
It seems to serve no purpose other than a venue to mock people who have different values or norms.

I assure you, I do not browse this subforum. However, every time one of these (in my opinion silly and mean spirited threads) is started or posted to, it is one of the first things that I have to see when I visit.

One of the other forums that I frequent routinely is obviously based on the same software. It has the enabled the ability for a user to choose to ignore (as in not have to see) any thread, subforum, or for that matter other user. If that was incorporated here, I would gladly set this subforum to ignore and you could set me to ignore and not even see my posts.

I could just chose to ignore these types of threads now, although I am forced to see them, and I have been doing that lately. However I saw this one and could see absolutely nothing wrong. I guess that is because I am so incredibly ignorant about the fine points of badging. (I think I'm proud of that):) This may be because I come here to discuss and read interesting, educational and helpful things about how to get the most enjoyment out of my SLK and don't really care what badges it or any other car has.

Ken

·
Banned
433 Posts
you don't have all threads passed before you while your eyes are taped open - you are the one who clicked on it while the subforum is listed right next to the thread title, so your excuses don't fly

if you know that you're ignorant, then you should educate yourself or stop making admittedly ignorant comments

Actually, my question was a serious one, but I intended it to be amusing, although I don't feel bad that it seemed to annoy you.:D When I look at the photo, I see nothing out of place. Perhaps someone who is more into badging could explain what doesn't belong and why. If you did not live in California, I am sure you would have found the license plate part of my post amusing also. :biglaugh:

The fact the forum has this particular sub forum is something I did not realize until you pointed it out and quite frankly find it inappropriate.
It seems to serve no purpose other than a venue to mock people who have different values or norms.

I assure you, I do not browse this subforum. However, every time one of these (in my opinion silly and mean spirited threads) is started or posted to, it is one of the first things that I have to see when I visit.

One of the other forums that I frequent routinely is obviously based on the same software. It has the enabled the ability for a user to choose to ignore (as in not have to see) any thread, subforum, or for that matter other user. If that was incorporated here, I would gladly set this subforum to ignore and you could set me to ignore and not even see my posts.

I could just chose to ignore these types of threads now, although I am forced to see them, and I have been doing that lately. However I saw this one and could see absolutely nothing wrong. I guess that is because I am so incredibly ignorant about the fine points of badging. (I think I'm proud of that):) This may be because I come here to discuss and read interesting, educational and helpful things about how to get the most enjoyment out of my SLK and don't really care what badges it or any other car has.

Ken

·
Registered
500 Posts
I can't stand poser. They annoying the [email protected] out of me. Here's some pictures of a poser at my work that I see almost everyday. They changed the front bumper and re-badges all around but didn't changed the rear bumper and the quad exhaust. So one day, I decided to drop a note just to let he/she know that they're not fooling anyone and just be proud of they drive..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
I can't stand poser. They annoying the [email protected] out of me. Here's some pictures of a poser at my work that I see almost everyday. They changed the front bumper and re-badges all around but didn't changed the rear bumper and the quad exhaust. So one day, I decided to drop a note just to let he/she know that they're not fooling anyone and just be proud of they drive..
I think bumper changes are fine for the function or for the appearance. The re-badges are something else.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
New on here so not politically correct but get a life :biglaugh:

What does it matter if someone puts a badge on his car to make it look like a better car ?

Yes it is to be a poser but - head gets below the parapet - I'm not sure anyone with an SLK55 AMG ever de badges them, in truth that is because they want everyone to know they have an AMG, even if they could not simply tell by the sound.

We are all poser's if we weren't we would probably drive round in a eurobox.

Discuss :tu:

PS I wish I had a SLK55 AMG :burnout:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Slk23

So, when I change my bumpers, sideview mirrors, door handles and add skirts and a spoiler (all original SLK32 or facelift 170) and remove the "0" from my SLK230 to make it "SLK23" (w/o the AMG badging, of course) would that make me a poser? :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
So, when I change my bumpers, sideview mirrors, door handles and add skirts and a spoiler (all original SLK32 or facelift 170) and remove the "0" from my SLK230 to make it "SLK23" (w/o the AMG badging, of course) would that make me a poser? :D

You make the call........

Mercedes Benz Posers (5 Viewing)
Photos of Posers trying to pass their Benz off as models that they are not to the uninformed with incorrect badges

·
2,624 Posts
You make the call........

Mercedes Benz Posers (5 Viewing)
Photos of Posers trying to pass their Benz off as models that they are not to the uninformed with incorrect badges
The question was a little tongue-in-cheek. I'll probably just remove the "230" and leave it as "SLK". :tu:

·
Registered
500 Posts
The question was a little tongue-in-cheek. I'll probably just remove the "230" and leave it as "SLK". :tu:

What wrong with just leave the badges as factory. Changing the body kit to look like the Slk32 is not a poser because Mercedes do made the Slk230 with the AMG body kit as an option. It a poser if/when you add an "///AMG" badge.

·
2,624 Posts
What wrong with just leave the badges as factory. Changing the body kit to look like the Slk32 is not a poser because Mercedes do made the Slk230 with the AMG body kit as an option. It a poser if/when you add an "///AMG" badge.
The OE bumpers for the facelifted 230 (aka "Sport") are not the same as the SLK32 bumpers I've acquired. The AMG front bumper is a little more aggressive looking than the Sport.

This is the SLK32 bumper:

SLK32.jpg

This is the SLK230 Sport bumper:

SLK230 (facelift).jpg

This is the SLK 230 Facelift bumper:

SLK230 Facelift.jpg

·
Registered
500 Posts

Attachments

·
2,624 Posts
But the 2003-2004 slk230 has the same front AMG bumper as the Slk32.

Here's the link to the autotrader.com

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=92532&endYear=2015&modelCode1=SLK230&showcaseOwnerId=15380363&startYear=2003&makeCode1=MB&searchRadius=0&mmt=[MB[SLK230[]][]]&listingId=369207729&Log=0
You're right. And the rear bumper as well with the black difuser. I happened across this a little later after I posted. http://www.betterautomall.com/vehicle-details/67131a4d6abb1e41871eb58af233fef4/2003+mercedes-benz+slk230.html

1 - 20 of 32 Posts