Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was cleaning the inside of my car today, I got onto the seats and started cleaning them. I then noticed the metal AMG emblems in the seats looked like the had a plastic film on, the type you get on a new phone to protect the screen. So I thought I would peel it off, it was bits off plastic coming off. Then I cleaned it with a cloth and the look really strange or off colour? Unless it's me imagining they look different.
I have found the part number A2309100011 from Mercedes and on Ebay for $119 :frown:

Mercedes Benz Genuine AMG Seat Badge Emblem Plate Set SL CL s G C E CLS Class | eBay

If you zoom in on the pictures you will be able to see what I mean, there are dark bits and shiny bits. Not sure if I have buggered them up! What are your thoughts and could someone post a comparison?

And if I do get some more, how are they fitted?

All this just to give it a bloody clean!!!

Attachments

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
It looks like this. If yours does, leave it alone :D

Attachments

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I've buggered mine up!

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
Sean or another member might know.

that ebay ad is not for slk

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There must be spares available incase they break etc. This is the part number I found on here, on an old post A2309100011. Where can you check Mercedes parts online?

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, can't find it on any parts sites. Just on Google images and ebay.

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Why not use a good quality silver metallic paint using a fine-point paint brush to refinish the affected bits?

Reactions: Phil1987uk

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Jeff. Does anyone know how they come off and attach?

Eddy I was actually going to say, I've got some black metal paint and a fine brush. Thinking of leaving it silver behind and painting the AMG part black. Which I personally think it should be like anyway. Thoughts?

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Problem is. It looks like I've shaved some of it off when was scrubbing. I just thought it would be metal. But it had some film over it, which I thought the previous owners hadn't noticed. So I ret peeling it off and it just looks a mess now. @jbanks15 could you upload that picture of the close up I sent? As I'm not near laptop today. Thanks.

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also does anyone know the colour code for the emblems? As you can tell this is really bugging me. Thinking of humbrol paint if still around. Thanks.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
close up picture of Phil's

Attachments

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
I'd paint them, as per Eddy's suggestion...

Not really worth stripping the seat down to remove the badge - there's airbags, airscarf, magnesium frames, springs and all sorts to go wrong....

Then stop fiddling with them!!!

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I was cleaning the inside of my car today, I got onto the seats and started cleaning them. I then noticed the metal AMG emblems in the seats looked like the had a plastic film on, the type you get on a new phone to protect the screen. So I thought I would peel it off, it was bits off plastic coming off. Then I cleaned it with a cloth and the look really strange or off colour? Unless it's me imagining they look different.
I have found the part number A2309100011 from Mercedes and on Ebay for $119 :frown:

Mercedes Benz Genuine AMG Seat Badge Emblem Plate Set SL CL s G C E CLS Class | eBay

If you zoom in on the pictures you will be able to see what I mean, there are dark bits and shiny bits. Not sure if I have buggered them up! What are your thoughts and could someone post a comparison?

And if I do get some more, how are they fitted?

All this just to give it a bloody clean!!!
My film was coming off too, but I used a small 'spudger' to clean the rest of the film off, then a toothbrush to shine it up. Mine looks like Jeff's now...:|

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Before I read that Sean, I've just bought a pair for £53.66... Now to get them fitted :|

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
post pics when you get them of how they look new and if they have a 'film' on them that needs removing like on a new phone

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Uploaded close-up photos:

1. Almost perpendicular shot

2. Off center shot (about 45 degrees)

The ///AMG logo is a mirror-like silver finish which is why at certain angles of the images, they show some color variation. They are actually reflections of the back ground/flesh/clothing color of the person taking the image. The Oval background is of rough texture and is painted bright silver.

If I were going to paint them (personal preference), I would paint the background satin silver and the ///AMG logo black (probably gloss black as they may be a more durable paint, not subject to wear like flat paints).

Since you have a red leather: glossy gold background and gloss black ///AMG logo would be my choice for a real "classy" look.
You may elect to use one or two coats of clear gloss paint thereafter to further protect the finish.

·
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Will do Jeff.

Cheers Eddy, is this a DIY job or get Merc to do it? I think you have to take seats apart. You know the background of the badge, I peeled it off thinking it was a film and the actual AMG lettering has gone flat. Which you can see in the pic. Suppose good part is, for future reference if cleaning seats go careful on the emblems. If I paint them before going on, I'm thinking silver background and black AMG lettering. Or black background and red lettering. Probably leave them standard, if I paint them. It'll kick off me looking for other things to paint. Same dilemma of where to put AMG badges :|

Anyone know of any other delicate areas we need to be careful of on the cars? Luckily this isn't that pricey, although it has annoyed me.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,849 Posts
yes. don't kneel on the seat bottoms when cleaning the rear window

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.