Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

in the manual for the 2007 (?) cars the AMGs have an additional menu for engine oil temperatur, on-board power supply and a race timer.

Have the AMG drivers perceived this feature already?
When have been built those cars?
And finally but most important:
Is there a possibility the switch on this feature in a 350?

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah its 2007 and on.

So all 55's in the 07 model year should have this menu, to enable it on other 55's will require new software, a new cluster and a new central gateway.

Its very pricey indeed and unfortunately i don't think its compatible with the other 171 models because they use different ECU's to the M113

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that fast!

I feared something like you have written.
And it starts with an oil temperature sensor which my M272 engine won't have.

The info about the oil temperature was the reason for asking. :(

D

·
0 Posts
I was just sitting down to read the new stuff as you posted.

Your 272 does have an oil temp sensor but just like the 113 it is integrated into the oil level and quality sender unit and the signals it transmits cant be read without knowing the exact format of the packets thats why in my mod me and Lenny are using a separate oil sensor.

The temp sensor is used by the ECU to restrict shifting ranges during engine warm up

D

·
0 Posts
I looked into this is considerable detail a while back and everybody i spoke to even the ones high up in the company said the same.

It might be worth speaking to Brabus about it they can work miracles and if they where to build you a custom cluster the function might be installed if you where to ask.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi everybody,

in the manual for the 2007 (?) cars the AMGs have an additional menu for engine oil temperatur, on-board power supply and a race timer.

Have the AMG drivers perceived this feature already?
When have been built those cars?
And finally but most important:
Is there a possibility the switch on this feature in a 350?
I received my 55AMG last August with this features (only available on 55AMG, not for 350).
The most practical things are : the oil temperature, and the permanent indication of the gear which is engaged (not sure of the translation of the french word "engagé") whenever you drive in D (S or C) or in Manual.
On the picture below, the mode is Drive, using the shift paddles behind the steering wheel so that you have the number 5 on the top screen and also on the other one beetween N and S. But you could have 5 on the upper screen and the letter D beetween N and S if you drive completely automatic mode.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the photo,
exactly in this way I have imagined it.

The letters in odometer and revs meter have changed, too !?

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
From the looks of our friends 07 SLK55, the speedo has changed compared to 06 and before SLK55 models, They look nice and congrats on the new car.

D

·
0 Posts
Yeah i like the new cluster i think the AMG is less in your face i think it looks great but for the price its not worth it is about 1k to replace

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very nice for the 2007 SLK55//AMG

I like the new style and Command features. Too bad there isn't a simple M-B approved software upgrade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.