·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Search the forum! :) Sorry, couldn't resist. You can't replace the lens, it's a single Hella assembly.

I've seen them on eBay, I'll have to see if I have the facelifted Hella part number.

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i did search lol! was hoping i could have just replaced the lens.

John, it is a cornering assembly

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Just heading back to civilization after a few days thinning out piggies. Off the top of my head the part you want is the 722+619 option part, which was only available on the facelifted cars....

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just heading back to civilization after a few days thinning out piggies. Off the top of my head the part you want is the 722+619 option part, which was only available on the facelifted cars....

not 772?.......

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if this will fit in the face-lift R171: http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/9999-70-depo-amg-fog-light.html

After breaking both fog lights (different occasions) I decided to place Lamin-X film during the remove/replace procedure to lessen the risk a breakage.
well i had the clearbra on the fogs also and that is why it did not shatter but 'stuck'

will probably just pay the piper and get it from the dealer tomorrow. it is a cornering lights so hopefully those pdfs will cover it

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts

Jeff

All cornering does is activate the lamp during a turn, under certain speeds / conditions - the assembly doens't move....

Cheers
Sean

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i thought it actually 'turn's but i see the bulb is actually not centered in its holder.

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so being my impatient self, here is the done job from mb

Attachments

·
Fanatical Member
3,419 Posts
Looks perty and new! So, what did that set you back? Do you need another loan? :)

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you were the one with the loan buddy! $250 parts/labor. I thought about doing it myself but then said, nah, as I sipped my latte and watched through the big picture window at my dealer.

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm retired. They still do. Every end of month I salute my mailbox and a check pops out

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
yes they do. free medical, free dental, free housing, free food,30 vacation days a year with pay, free training, free clothes (uniforms). sign me up
loan forgiveness program, army college fund.....
only pay tax on your base pay. commissary, post exchange, no sales tax

·
Registered
86 Posts
And active duty military have received some pretty good pay raises in the last 10 years or so. It's all the political correctness I could not stand anymore....

·
Banned
992 Posts
Jeff,

Does the light colour match the other side? Mine are as yellow as hell compared to the xenon dipped beams and I'm contemplating swapping them out with H11 style super-white 7w Cree LEDs. They are mostly only used as puddle lights in any case and will be substantially less drain on the battery. We don't get much fog in London.

ETA: I just remembered you said the bulb wasn't damaged, so I guess they put the original one back to keep them even.

·
93,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
they replaced the whole unit and gave me the old h7. both units say 'hella' on the glass. both sides match as clear not yellow

here is enlarged pic

1 - 20 of 45 Posts