Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think this is open to pretty much anyone with an MB, but focused on AMG. A friend of mine is organising it and I'm really considring doing the day's drive over there from texas.

See attached flyer for details.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
That would be great Bill. I'm trying to convince myself to signup and Meeting yourself and other guys of the forum would be a huge bonus.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any one else fancy this weekend, Idea time to Track/Dyno your car, Meet loads of other MB drivers and share a couple of beers in atlanta with you SLK buddies.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
easty said:
Any one else fancy this weekend, Idea time to Track/Dyno your car, Meet loads of other MB drivers and share a couple of beers in atlanta with you SLK buddies.
I thought it stated NOV 4/5.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
etyu said:
I thought it stated NOV 4/5.

Your right mate. I think the track can be paid for on the day at a higher rate, but the Dinner (with AMG Talks) and dyno are restricted places.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I hope some others can make it also.

I've got about 800miles, it says 15hours ;)

google maps\

I'll probably start off thursday and do 5-6hours then the rest on friday.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will you be using the Nitro? be cool to race beside you on the drag and film it from my car when the nitros kicks in. ;)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome.. Although I've never been on a drag track so I'm sure u'll be half way down the road by time I get away. ;):burnout:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was posted today at lunch time on the AMG official forum by the chief editor.

"In support of the Atlanta AMG Owner Enthusiast event, the AMG Private Lounge will have a special European AMG Model on display.

Join your fellow AMG Enthusiasts for a unique opportunity to view a special AMG vehicle not currently sold in the US. This vehicle will be on display on Saturday, Novemeber 4th as a part of the Atlanta event."

If you have an AMG private lounge account check it out I'm thinking this is going to be a really great weekend.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Don't forget to post some pictures after the meet. :)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That would be great. I had a go in a Asian cup SLK in barcelona round an autocross track, that was awesome, I'd love to see the black series in the flesh

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
///AMG 55 said:
Some how Easty and myself ended up in NEW ORLEANS LA partying.

Strange how on the way from Atlanta to Florida you can end up in New Orleans.

IT WAS ALL FUN and many photos...

Bill T
:confused: MB Command NAV malfunction or input error? Yea, that's my story.:D

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm back. A little shattered. Did a total of 2800 miles in the SLK. O what fun we had.. Not sure how we ended up in NO either, but it was awesome fun. ;)

///AMG weekend was a time to remember!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
It looks like you guys know how to launch better compared to the others.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts