Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little plastic pegs that clip into the rubber grommets holding on the front engine cover have snapped off. Three of them are missing, indicated in yellow on the attached picture. Does anybody have any bright ideas how to repair these. I have toyed with small screws with little covers covering screw heads. I could drill a small hole in the corresponding cover to join together. Or just leave alone ?

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,738 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
The little plastic pegs that clip into the rubber grommets holding on the front engine cover have snapped off. Three of them are missing, indicated in yellow on the attached picture. Does anybody have any bright ideas how to repair these. I have toyed with small screws with little covers covering screw heads. I could drill a small hole in the corresponding cover to join together. Or just leave alone ?
Same thing happened to one of mine. I’d like to hear what we can do about it.

·
92,738 Posts
item 640 should be what you want
item 650 is the other part it clips on to if I am correct

A 112 094 00 41
* BRACKET
MOUNTING FOR FILTER BODY
Quantity: 4

A 152 094 00 85
* ELASTOMER BEARING
MOUNTING FOR FILTER BODY
Quantity: 4

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’s item 680. It has 5 plastic pegs underneath that clip into rubber bungs in the engine, 3 have snapped of

·
92,738 Posts
680 is the cover

640 n 650 are the bracket and rubber part per my post above...

but if you say 5 and not 4...

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
The plastic pegs have snapped off the cover. Since the cover has the signature of the engine builder, is it replaceable?

·
92,738 Posts
The plastic pegs have snapped off the cover. Since the cover has the signature of the engine builder, is it replaceable?
the signature card is removable
i removed mine from my old cover and moved it to the sc cover

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As per my photo. 3 of the plastic pegs on the cover 680 have snapped off. Everything else is still intact

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
You may be able to glue or have a body repairer plastic weld the pegs back on! If it was me I'd probably buy a new front cover and transfer the engine builder plaque. I've seen quite a few of these for sale on Ebay recently too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Over £120 quid on eBay. Not about the dealers. I wouldn’t pay more than £40. It’s only a piece of plastic plus AMG tax of course. So it’s either repair or leave

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Over £120 quid on eBay. Not about the dealers. I wouldn’t pay more than £40. It’s only a piece of plastic plus AMG tax of course. So it’s either repair or leave
I’ve seen the front cover and the air box being sold as a set for between £100-£150 used on Ebay. If you could get them both for that kind of money and resell the air box it’s possible you could stick to your £40 budget! :wink:

What colour is your 55, I’ll keep my eye out for you seeing as we appear to be in the same city! :smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts