Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to get my hands on a VAS PassThru device, and successfully establish (and ECU code) using Vediamo.

I have now also finished mounting the AMG DRLs, but they need to be programmed. (Original DRL is 15W/12V, while the AMG DRL is 5W/12V).

The lamp is not lighting up during daylight, and I'm thinking there should be a parameter somewhere, in Vediamo.

Have been checking in the IC172 and HLC166 file descriptor parameters, but could not find it (perhaps I might have missed it).

I have been reading similar posts, with similar behaviors, but they solved it by adding P30 option to Vedoc, then SCN coding it, at the dealership (something I would like to avoid doing (don't want options on my car, that do not belong on my car).

So can somebody offer more details regarding this? Maybe a different file descriptor? Or maybe I missed the right parameter?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to look in the front SAM.

Also note adding P30 to Vedoc does not seem to be related to the DRL type.
Thanks.

Indeed, I should have probably mentioned option code 772 (though I do have that option, somehow EPC knows that my car is not fitted with the AMG LED lamps that also have the code 772).

In any case, I have tried to connect to the front SAM, using a file descriptor from 2013, and another from 2015.

Since I have recently had some SCN coding on the SAM, maybe a newer version was coded into it, and these descriptors are obsolete?

Do you happen to have a more recent front SAM descriptor that you could send me?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Connect with xentry and check the version, I'll check if I have a descriptor for it (note my library is not cutting edge).
Also are you using the correct baud rate?

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Connect with xentry and check the version, I'll check if I have a descriptor for it (note my library is not cutting edge).
Also are you using the correct baud rate?
The only laptop that I found VAS to work was on my brother's laptop. I will have to check the version tomorrow.
As for the baud rate, does tha front SAM use a different baud rate than say the IC?

I managed to flash the IC (remove the gasoline warning, as per your guide), managed to connect to the headlight controller, but for the SAM, I am unable to connect.

If I use the 2013 descriptor, I get an Unknown error, and if I use the 2015 one, I get a time out.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have successfully programmed the front SAM with the following:
- 100% light intensity during daylight
- 50% light intensity during night time

Then I noticed that these changes would take effect, but then, upon restarting the vehicle, the settings would be reset.

So I found out that the front SAM has a non-volatile memory, where the settings need to be persisted.

Therefore, in Vediamo, under ECU/SAMF/Downloads (folder) I had to execute the EEPROM-Schreiben functionality.
Select the Parameter-schreiben in the dialog that opens, and click ok.

Afterwards, in the Functions folder, I executed the Hard Reset function.

Now, every time I restart the vehicle, my settings are no longer lost :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts