Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work at an all European Salvage Yard, and we just got in a D-STROYED SLK55 that has the P30 package. (6 Piston Fronts, and 4 piston Rears)
It is my understanding that they should bolt up directly so the OEM Struts since all R171s use the same struts. I Also have 2009 C63 full brake setup sitting around that looks pretty clean. I already have Stainless steel brake lines, but I kinda want supercar stopping power. ;) They seem to look incredibly similar and probably require less cleanup than the SLK's brakes. If anyone has any insight into how difficult this conversion is/knows if the C63 brakes are actually the same as the P30 Package SLK55 Brakes/ things you should know about making it happen I would be greatly appreciative.
-Ox>:D

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
I work at an all European Salvage Yard, and we just got in a D-STROYED SLK55 that has the P30 package. (6 Piston Fronts, and 4 piston Rears)
It is my understanding that they should bolt up directly so the OEM Struts since all R171s use the same struts. I Also have 2009 C63 full brake setup sitting around that looks pretty clean. I already have Stainless steel brake lines, but I kinda want supercar stopping power. ;) They seem to look incredibly similar and probably require less cleanup than the SLK's brakes. If anyone has any insight into how difficult this conversion is/knows if the C63 brakes are actually the same as the P30 Package SLK55 Brakes/ things you should know about making it happen I would be greatly appreciative.
-Ox>:D
Provide the VIN for the C63 and the the SLK 55 and I can tell you what the part number are for the calipers and other bits and see what may be the same.

·
Registered
172 Posts
this may not be what you want to hear,but, why not just get better pads for the fronts and rears. if you have ABS then its my way of thinking that your brakes will only stop you as quickly as the tires and ABS will allow..putting supercar brakes on will just cause lock up sooner, thus activating the ABS.... and the AMG brakes and pads are imensly expensive..
if you want them for looks then go ahead, my mrs put 8 pots on her M3 purely because "they look pretty".....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Provide the VIN for the C63 and the the SLK 55 and I can tell you what the part number are for the calipers and other bits and see what may be the same.

C63: WDDGF77X29F302155
SLK55: WDBWK73F55F038453

Sorry for the wait, been incredibly busy recently.

·
Registered 2006 SLK55 AMG
196 Posts
Do they have the steering wheel from the car available without a deployed airbag?

*edit: Nevermind. I found pictures of the car based on the vin you posted. Talk about destroyed.

As a matter of semantics, the brakes it has are the normal brakes for an 05 55. Doesn't actually have the P30 package on it. Same brakes that the later cars with the P30 package had though.

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
2,224 Posts
C63: WDDGF77X29F302155
SLK55: WDBWK73F55F038453

Sorry for the wait, been incredibly busy recently.
See the link for the parts screens. The first two pages are the C63 showing the front caliper and rotor on the first page and the rears on the second page. The SLK55 is on the next two pages. As you will see, none of the parts are the same. Additionally, it does looks like the C63 does have the P30 big brake option. I then checked to see what caliper and rotors the SLK55 had with the P30 option and the part numbers are not the same as on the C63. Hope this has been helpful. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WpXQ0AD_F2TF90ZHhvMTNwczA/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
See the link for the parts screens. The first two pages are the C63 showing the front caliper and rotor on the first page and the rears on the second page. The SLK55 is on the next two pages. As you will see, none of the parts are the same. Additionally, it does looks like the C63 does have the P30 big brake option. I then checked to see what caliper and rotors the SLK55 had with the P30 option and the part numbers are not the same as on the C63. Hope this has been helpful. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1WpXQ0AD_F2TF90ZHhvMTNwczA/view?usp=sharing

Definitely helpful. And yeah, that car was absolutely trashed basically the only salvageable parts are the brakes. well in that case I'll definitely go ahead and use the calipers off of the SLK since they're totally different. Much appreciated. :grin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts