Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys ,
has anyone got the part number for the AMG badge that is on the boot lid of a amg55
thanks

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,285 Posts
I'm out but can get that for u on my return if you post your vin number

·
103,285 Posts
I would have to dig up a 55 r172 vin
Then
Hopefully it will fit

·
103,285 Posts
Standby...

·
103,285 Posts
part 480 a0008170414 this from a r172 slk 55 amg

Attachments

·
Registered 2013 SLK55 AMG
585 Posts
Just an observation based on the drawing... the AMG logo appears to be the older classic version of the "A" -- not the current version on the 172s.

·
103,285 Posts
that is from epc for a r172 amg.
i can only give what MB says :D

·
103,285 Posts
AMG-UFO, i can look again with your vin number

·
Registered
209 Posts
Don't do it! That is the one AMG retrofit that I would never do to a non-V8 AMG.

Reactions: bastivock

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
Don't do it! That is the one AMG retrofit that I would never do to a non-V8 AMG.
As far as I can see Mercedes already devalued the AMG badge when they put it on all the carpet mats and wheels. What difference does it make sticking it on the back as well? Personally I have no badges on my cars at all. But everyone looks at the wheels, floor mats and steering wheels, puts 2 plus 2 together and makes 5. I just smile and say, "it's diesel though...."

·
Registered
22 Posts
I honestly can't see the issue with fitting the badge, it's probably already got them on the mats and the log book might well say AMG sport. I really don't get the anti badge brigade, he isn't putting a V8 badge on it or SLK 55 , surely the fact that Mercedes offer a AMG Sport package for the SLK means they have already watered down the AMG name, much like BMW have with their M sports package. Dude it's your car and if it makes you happy go for it. :smile:

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have bought the badge but am in still two minds if I will de-badge the boot as I do like like the clean look without badges or fit the amg badge ??? I may even black out all the badges ??
I have a rear lip spoiler on route from Taiwan lol and a genuine 55 defuser on order but I still have a full year of warranty left on the car so I don't want to be chopping the exhaust system just yet .... I have even ordered a front splitter off eBay ,, saw one on a 55 yesterday I was was impressed with the looks and quality of it ...
I guess I have no taste or breeding lol

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
1,903 Posts
I guess I have no taste or breeding lol
You're driving an SLK so you can't be totally tasteless....

I know nothing about you however you seem to have an idea in your head about what you want YOUR car to look like. If no-one else likes it, who cares? So long as YOU like YOUR car, everything is good.

And if it turns out to be absolutely hideous, make sure you post up some pictures so we can all have a good laugh before you put it back to standard.

There are almost no really malicious posters on here, so be assured that, for the most part, we're laughing with, not at, you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's why there are endless amounts of aftermarket kit available so that people can do what they like with their own cars , customising is all about making your car stand out from the rest in your own way .

There's no rules or right and wrong way to do it, its down to personal choice, if the purists out there don't like it so what , they have their cars the way they like em and thats fine by me.

" I DON'T BREAK THE RULES, THERE ARE NO RULES TO BE BROKEN"

Bob Dylan

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yeah I thought I might as well qualify my previous post; it's not something I would do to my car and I did have a bit of a titter at someone near work who has the wrong age AMG badge on his base spec c180 cdi but it's your car, you bought it, you pay the tax, insurance and for the mods so only you get to choose what you do to your car!

I just wouldn't want to get my car posted in those wrong badge threads all over pistonheads and even in the section on here haha

Each to their own.

Reactions: wja96
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.