Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was just another memorable AMG day. Since today was a holiday for us Ami's over here, I decided to make a trip to Affalterbach. I actually called AMG this past Friday and asked if a tour was possible, and they arranged it for today at 10:00. It was a wonderful tour and I’d recommend it to any AMG customer and/or car enthusiast. You can’t take photos inside the plant, but still the tour is awesome! I actually got to meet the mechanic who built my motor (Wolfgang Hartmann). Next to the AMG plant is their racing division HWA which has some killer cars on display. Even got to see one of the Formula 1 safety cars and other customized AMG’s being worked on. The AMG team there was so professional and helpful! Mr. Alex Weber arranged the tour for me. Our tour guide was Ingrid (I didn’t get her last name). She as everyone there was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable (history, technical etc). Contact info and pictures below, again I highly recommend the trip if you're in the area! :tu:

Mercedes-AMG GmbH
Daimlerstr 1
71563 Affalterbach
Phone: +49 (0) 714-43020

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Thank you for sharing, looks like the tour is a must for all AMG owners. I am glad that you had the opportunity to do so, the next time I land in Germany I should take a few days to tout Stuttgart.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for sharing, looks like the tour is a must for all AMG owners. I am glad that you had the opportunity to do so, the next time I land in Germany I should take a few days to tout Stuttgart.
Absolutely! It's worth every minute. Plus the food and drink is pretty good also. :Beer:

D

·
0 Posts
Great place isn't it.

I've got some workshop pic's from when i worked there.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:WOW, what an opportunity. I think I'll cruise over to the factory for the day.... KTownAMG, you purchased a US spec SLK 55, do you plan to return to the USA any time soon? Thanks for the pics and info.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:tu:WOW, what an opportunity. I think I'll cruise over to the factory for the day.... KTownAMG, you purchased a US spec SLK 55, do you plan to return to the USA any time soon? Thanks for the pics and info.
Most likely, someday I plan to return to the USA, just not sure where... Living and traveling 25+ years overseas has been a dream and a great opportunity for my family! Someday I'll grow up and decide what I want to do for the rest of my life... Decisions, decisions...

However, Thailand is in the running for a retirement location.

Worse comes to worse I'll ship her back to the US of A make a little profit and/or breakeven??? Besides she's not an investment, she's an engineering marvel which I'm just now beginning to experiance/enjoy.

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.