Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the eagle-eyed, are these the right dimensions/fitment?

O/E part numbers referenced are 2048202256, 2048202156, but I think this style is used in several AMG models. Chinese seller not very good at communicating...

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,917 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,917 Posts
don't see hella on op pics

·
133 Posts
These look like NON AMG fog/cornering lights, the 55 has the bulbs in the centre go the reflector as they are not designed as cornering lights.
I have just replaced mine with aftermarket LED fog / DRL lights in my 55, works great and looks even better, I have programmed the car to use them as conferring lights as well because they have a great wide beam.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,451 Posts
Wow, I"m jealous of your garage. So CLEAN 👍

·
133 Posts
These are the lights I purchased, i have mounted directly on to the outer grills from inside.

The scan tool that I have is the Genuine mercedes STAR tool with Xentry.

·
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These look like NON AMG fog/cornering lights, the 55 has the bulbs in the centre go the reflector as they are not designed as cornering lights.
I have just replaced mine with aftermarket LED fog / DRL lights in my 55, works great and looks even better, I have programmed the car to use them as conferring lights as well because they have a great wide beam.
Mine are programmed via Smarttop to be full time DRL. I've replaced one previously (Chinese but from a UK supplier - so easy to return if wrong) but now I have one cracked and one so badly blasted it looks opaque and accordingly I want to replace as a matching pair. From the pictures I posted, are they plug and play? I'm pushed for time just now, so just want to install some compatible units without great fiddling or expense.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
826 Posts
I purchased one like that (with the offset bulb) as it said it was for an AMG bumper SLK (mine being a 350 with the AMG kit) ... but they didn’t fit!
that’s why I gave up and fitted the DRL + Fog units.

·
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I purchased one like that (with the offset bulb) as it said it was for an AMG bumper SLK (mine being a 350 with the AMG kit) ... but they didn’t fit!
that’s why I gave up and fitted the DRL + Fog units.
I just don't have the wherewithal to fiddle at the moment....

·
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My garage.....
Just enough space to get in the car. 😁
It's not that my garage is too small. it's because my father is dying.

I want to keep my car running with a minimum of distractions. Knowing how obsessive some owners are, I expected to get a rapid and accurate answer to my enquiry.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG
255 Posts
It's not that my garage is too small. it's because my father is dying.

I want to keep my car running with a minimum of distractions. Knowing how obsessive some owners are, I expected to get a rapid and accurate answer to my enquiry.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I truly wish I had an answer about the lights to help you along.

·
Registered
153 Posts
This is an interesting topic. I'm on a process to replace my cracked Piecha drl/fog light assys with something more usefull. I dont need drl function. I'm more into light power. I found 3" sealed bi-xenon projector witch I'm going to mount when I just got those here.

I'm going to sell my Piecha drl's when conversion done. I'll post selling topic.

Quoestin to xlr8it. What kind of beam patern those LED lights have? Light output? Can you drive only with them on at night? They sure looks good but only thing that matters to me is usefull light output.

·
133 Posts
The DRL function is just that, the fog light pattern is very wide and low, ideal for fog and cornering light but not good as a driving light if that is what you are after.

Quoestin to xlr8it. What kind of beam patern those LED lights have? Light output? Can you drive only with them on at night? They sure looks good but only thing that matters to me is usefull light output.
[/QUOTE]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts