Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Same mfg. as the OE part or are these Made in China versions?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Cheaper from your dealer.
Are you sure? I thought the hood (front) strut was like $80US. The trunk struts (rear) are around $15US each.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I actually went to my local MB Dealer to get it. But they didn't carry it at all.
What I meant was did the new part say where it was made on the box and was the manufacturer given? There is an awful lot of Chinese junk out there.

BTW your local dealer can get any parts not in stock in a day, two at the most. I think MSRP on the dealer part is over $100 though. Your Amazon price is a great price IF it's a quality part. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I meant was did the new part say where it was made on the box and was the manufacturer given? There is an awful lot of Chinese junk out there.

BTW your local dealer can get any parts not in stock in a day, two at the most. I think MSRP on the dealer part is over $100 though. Your Amazon price is a great price IF it's a quality part. Sometimes you do get what you pay for.
I just checked it. It says Made in USA on it.

I can tell, its a good quality peace. Installing it is a little tricky.

It ships from Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
If I looked up the right company, they are made in the USA - South Carolina.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
I brought some 'others' off Ebay for £18 the pair and they work just fine.

I dont consider this an important part to get all Merc about and my nearest dealer is around 75 miles away

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.