Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started a thing on the AMG site to try and get people to map there know amazing driving routes. Basically these can be created very simply in google earth(a free download) and then collected and shared in a single small file.

We did get a few routes together and now i've been reading Google are driving to get the ability into Google maps and onto maps for mobile devices I'd like to try and get this started again.

I'll do more on this, but i've created this thread to explain some more. So where ever you live, download free google earth draw your Amazing routes and mail them to me to share with Every one!

More info and how to at Ifraggle

A link to all the Amazing Driving routes in Google

Individual routes in Google Maps

KernVille (bakersfield) South California

Tail of the dragon (Deals Gap) Nc - TN

245 and 180 Kings canyon (Sequai) South California

Sunrise Highway (mt laguna)- East of San diego

Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway - Virginia

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've watched that a few times, Great video mate. I wish I could just drive out there any spare day that popped up in my schedule. :)

P.S. Come on guys give us some Great Routes!!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
If I mash the gas peddle to the floor...my driveway to the end of the street is a great driving route :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
For Tail of the Dragon (Deals Gap):

You need to include "Cherohala Skyway" It starts at Tellico Plains and ends around Robbinsville on 129. Then you take 129 north onto the Dragon.

There's another great ride (West of Knoxville) called Devils Triangle.
It's like Deals Gap (318 switchbacks in 11 miles) but its triangle route up and down the sides of a mountain. It's an awesome ride.

You can do all three rides in one day. (5-6 hours depending how often you stop)
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/cherohala.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.