Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
* Premium Member
SLK 200 R172 2011 🇮🇹
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share with the forum users an interesting page about detailing, the page is intended as a guide to different phases of detailing and considered as the GURUs guide page for detailers in Italy.
Is in Italian but google translator makes miracles...checked myself.

How is detailing popular in your countries?

In Italy seems to be really a Hot Topic!

some detailing in action:

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,993 Posts
Other than the usual wash n wax, not for me. BUT I did try using a clay bar this past summer on the easy parts (hood and trunk) and I was amazed at the rocks and gravel a little rubbing could remove.

Did it make it "shinier"? Dunno. Schwarzie is shiny virtually all the time anyways but still, removing grit can only be a good thing (y)

·
* Premium Member
SLK 200 R172 2011 🇮🇹
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other than the usual wash n wax, not for me. BUT I did try using a clay bar this past summer on the easy parts (hood and trunk) and I was amazed at the rocks and gravel a little rubbing could remove.

Did it make it "shinier"? Dunno. Schwarzie is shiny virtually all the time anyways but still, removing grit can only be a good thing (y)
Yes I think that detailing basics may be good to keep the car in shape, although I would not engage in deep detailing in which for example the washing procedure takes around 6 to 8 steps o_O ...
Potentially to have it detailed once every 2 to 3 years or after sale for new cars, by a professional, and try to apply some detailing basics during further washings and interior cleanings is enough for me....

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
16,993 Posts
6-8 steps for me is the two-bucket method: soapy in one/clean in the other coupled with a hose--so 3 steps 😉

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
365 Posts
I have bought a lot of stuff for car detailing, like to get them, well try anyway better than new, have pressue washer, snow foam, wool mitts, lots of different bottles for very different things, clay mitts and electric DA polisher, takes practice but amazing how much you can tidy up paint work, but it is effort and need to be careful.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,286 Posts
if you missed it

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
365 Posts
Damn glad got 5 liters of snow foam watching that video!, hope my little blue car comes out that well after a polish and waxing :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts