Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys I have just purchased this kit and want to know if I fit them with the standard pads already on the car, will it sit level or nose down. I want it to sit level so what pads would I need to get to achieve this.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/suspension-kits/car/mercedes-benz/slk-r170-96-04/1999/slk230-kompressor/eibach-b12-pro-kit-suspension-kit-with-bilstein-b8-dampers-lowers-front-30mm-and-rear-30mm

I've also bought this kit to stiffen up the handling as well. Any thoughts..??

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/anti-roll-bars/car/mercedes-benz/slk-r170-96-04/1999/hr-anti-roll-bar-kit-30mm-non-adjustable-front-and-20mm-non-adjustable-rear

These wheels are also on their way as well. Does anybody see any problems that I may be getting into. All comments and thoughts greatly appreciated.

http://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/ava/hollywood-5x112/hyper-silver/19-inch-wider-rear/225-35-19-front--255-30-19-rear-/nankang/ns-20/y-max-186-mph

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Before you buy pads i would do the install and see how the car sit's you might be happy as is. When i lowered mine i had to remove the springs three time's before i got the pad combo the way i wanted it. Keep in mind your springs are new and will need to settle down a bit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As no-one else has replied, I don't think I have much of a choice really. Thanks for the reply...:)

·
Registered
373 Posts
if your car sits level now, installing the kit, wont make it sit uneven, it'll just be lower. btw the first link and the second like are the same

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are the before and after photo. Handling is amazing, like being on rails. Still quite soft when normal driving but tightens right up when pushing it. Not happy about the ride height. Is it possible for my mechanic to have mixed up the front and back pads by mistake.
Before photo

Attachments

·
Registered
734 Posts
Here are the before and after photo. Handling is amazing, like being on rails. Still quite soft when normal driving but tightens right up when pushing it. Not happy about the ride height. Is it possible for my mechanic to have mixed up the front and back pads by mistake.
Before photo
Unlikely, unless they took them out when changing the suspenders.

I believe that the pads have their size embossed on them, either that or a part number is embossed,

Check with MB dealer what sizes you already have, then you can calculate which size you need to replace with to drop the ride height. I don't think it would be a difficult task. The springs come out and go back in within 10 minutes, so a bit of experimentation shouldn't cost too much.

Update : I forgot to say that the pads don't have to come out when the springs are changed, which is why I mentioned the mechanic removing them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.