Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm about to change out the headunit (keep your eyes peeled for a new thread shortly ...) so my current one is up for sale on here, prior to heading off to the usual auction sites

It's an Alpine IVA-W505R

Basic specs are as follows (PDF of the owners manual attached)

Double DIN
7 inch touch screen - motorised for DVD access
4 x 50w output (plus line out's to connect to off board amps, subwoofers etc etc)
DVD / CD playback, Ipod and USB drive compatible, FM Tuner, etc etc
Selectable backgrounds & colours
Plus options to add a TV tuner, DAB radio, processors and all sorts if you wanted to ....

The sale also includes the add-on solid state Navigation drive ( NVE M300P - full postcode nav available) and the add-on bluetooth box - (KCE-400BT, which is basically a Parrot device) - again, PDF's of the relavent manuals attached

All working really well, and will include the cables necessary to connect the three devices together and the standard Alpine headunit wiring loom. I've always really rated Alpine gear, and this is no exception - for me, it sounds great - and yes, the replacement headunit is another Alpine ....

You will need something like the Connects2 CTKMB07 kit to fit this (the kit includes the new fascia, cage & brackets, aerial adapter and the Quadlock wiring adapter with the steering wheel control interface unit)

With this kit, the headunit will pretty much be a direct swap out for an Audio 20 - if you have Comand then you'll need extra wiring as the audio gateway is down in the passenger footwell. (thats the subject of many threads on here so I won't go into it any further!)

Drop me a PM if you're interested - I'll do the lot for £400 shipped in the UK - if any of our overseas members are interested then the shipping will be added ....

I'll snap a few pics later and add them to this post ....

Attachments

·
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pics as promised

Main NAV screen

Openinging to reveal the DVD / CD slot

DVD in operation

Ipod in use

And a few from further back

·
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
..and I forgot to mention - I have the boxes too - I know some people like to get stuff in the correct boxes ...

It should be removed on Wednesday or Thursday this week, all going to plan ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.