Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a quiet weekday morning driving some southern Illinois county roads up through the country....radio off just merrying along. Cruised by some beautiful family farms and along the Wabash river bluffs up to Palestine Illinois. This old city is an artist's enclave and also sponsors a full on rodeo later in the summer. Had a nice breakfast at the village café where I met some cordial local fellas including the Police Chief. When he walked out the door he took a long hard look at the SLK. He grinned from ear to ear, walked away and then came back for another look....what a compliment.

Would highly recommend you make time for a short not too purposeful solo cruise. A magnificent car, blue skys and white fluffy clouds...nothing much to worry on.....it truly soothed my soul! Hope everyone has a wonderful top down weekend!

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point Woolly! I was so busy enjoying myself I didn't think to take any photos.....will next time.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Boy, I'd be having a hard time keeping to the speed limit on the little stretch of road! Pancakes look tasty as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts