Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Back in September I decided to take my car off the road and cover it up to keep it away from the terrible English winter weather. Doing this I decided to get a breathable outdoor tailored car cover, the one I opted for was the “Concours eclipse” which is 5 star rated cover and has four layers for optimum protection. On Tuesday night I uncovered her and removed the wheels then recover it. This morning I took it off again to fit my new wheels and then I noticed that in the time it has been covered the paint some how has had an allergic reaction and sadly bubbled up and the lacquer has started to lift. Sadly it’s effected every panel, the roof is the worse. Has anyone experienced this before or does anyone know why this has happened? I’m confused as well as very annoyed, cos I’m now going to need a complete re spray! More to the point it’s delayed all my plans to get my build under way. Any help would be much appreciated. And before anyone asks, the day I put the cover on, I give it a good wash and polish. Please help me thanks.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,156 Posts
some finds

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this mate

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,156 Posts
other members will jump in if they also experienced that

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
97 Posts
I have had the same problem on my old mgtf, the cover made the paint blister slightly, the covers may be sold as waterproof and breathable but they are neither, once water gets in (usually from the seams) it cannot get out as breathable fabrics need heat to get the moisture through the fabric. So water stays trapped underneath and damages the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts