Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ASP will be here by next week. I plan on installing it, then taking it straight to Powerchip to get the ECU retuned. They've assured me that with the remapping of the ECU, I will not need to go through all the other stuff. The plugs, FPR, or the MAF relocation. I may get one step colder plugs either way just to be safe, but other than that, that's about it.

I'll keep the crowd up to date on power results!

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
Hey! Are we going to see your car on a local meet-up at some point? Your mailbox is perennially full :D.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I get it buddy. :p I do live in Aliso Viejo. The places you guys go aren't necessarily the closest, heh. But I will do my best.

As for livefreeordie... I *can* throw the transmission into 5th to keep the pulley in place right? I did the same thing for my C230...only put it in 6th gear. Buellwinkle and Linh from back in the day told me to do it like that.

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Yeah, I get it buddy. :p I do live in Aliso Viejo. The places you guys go aren't necessarily the closest, heh. But I will do my best.

As for livefreeordie... I *can* throw the transmission into 5th to keep the pulley in place right? I did the same thing for my C230...only put it in 6th gear. Buellwinkle and Linh from back in the day told me to do it like that.
I don't see why not, i have an auto trans so my method was a bit different.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What belt am I going to need to use for the bigger pulley? Is a gatorback ok to use or just a regular style belt?

·
17,144 Posts
I found the best place to get the belt you need is from napa, i will get you the part number when my shift is over tomorrow.

·
17,144 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get back to you with the part number. Micro -V 060560
13/16" x 56 - 5/8" oc 20mm x 1439mm oc i don't remember how much i paid for it. (napa)

·
17,144 Posts
The whole job took about two hours, i took my time removing the rad fan and hoses. The crank bolt was a bit of a pain also.

·
17,144 Posts
Was it worth the cost and trouble? I know it's only a few hours, but is it a noticeable difference in HP? Thanks.
It was worth the cost to me and there is a noticeable difference. Keep in mind there are other things that should be done to complement the pulley. Replacing the inter-cooler with a larger one will keep the air intake temps lower, replacing all the inter cooler hose's with larger ones adds to the cooling. Just to mention a few mods.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I'll be honest. The bolt size was wrong. Was supposed to be 27 mm, and the belt was WAY too long. 1439 was too much. It fit with a 1390. But other than that, everything else was fine. :p I posted the vids up on the other thread.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,007 Posts
Google

asp is a company that makes pulleys. above is search for asp pulleys - slk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some people might not even know what boost is. How about..... "Its a performance overdrive crank pulley, it spins the S/C faster that pump in more air which in turn creates more horse power
I'm curious, If you change out the pully it seems to me that you have to change out the s/c and other pullies because the system is engineered for the current specs. I would think that you would end up burning out the s/c bearings (running faster) and other pully shafts for same reason. just saying.
Best,
Roger

1 - 20 of 21 Posts