Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from a 2-week, 2600 mile trip to the Oregon coast in our SLK55, celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary.

Thought you'd like to see that with room to spare, we managed to fit all of the pictured items into the trunk, including: 2 carry-on bags, a hangup bag, a makeup bag, a red storage bag, a small cooler, a 4-pack of Snapple, a blanket and some towels, a water bottle, a bag of goodies, a storage box for miscellaneous items, and a pair of size 13 athletic shoes.

The trick was to stack the 2 carry-on bags and then lay the hangup bag across the top of all the other items.

BTW -- In case you are going to stuff a lot into your trunk, you may want to consider protecting the sheet metal from damage due to closing the lid on something in the trunk -- see my post on Trunk Lid Protector at:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-class/1203706-how-make-trunk-lid-protector-mb-forgot.html

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Thats awesome mate, congratulations on both the anniversary and the road trip.

I got really good at packing mine also in that manner after living out of it for over 3 months.

here's one of mine..

The people of Oregon must wonder why there's so many SLK's driving about for fully laden boots. ;) it's good to know you can fit a few coats and maybe some towels behind the seats.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:EXCELLENT work X2. Both interesting and deceiving, that SLK trunk. SLK55er, congratulations to you and your wife on your marriage milestone!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Great Job on the lasting Marriage of 40 years!!!Y)

Were half way there.

Sounds like a fun trip.

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Congrats on the Anniversary! I can attest to the amount of stuff you can fit into these cars too - we've done a few extended trips my wife and I, and between the trunk and behind the seats, it's amazing how much you CAN put into these cars!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
That's awesome, that's alot of stuff packed into the SLK. Congrats on your 40th Anniversary. And welcome to this forum, glad you've made it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Wow thats even more than I expected would fit.

I could've almost cried seeing all that space in the back of our 55. Once you've packed for a few 2 weeks+ trips in the back of a Honda GoldWing, the 55 trunk looks like a pickup truck bed!

Congrats! - 22yrs here.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Now, if we could just get a set of golf clubs in the trunk, I wouldnt have to use the front seat. Congrats on reaching the 40 year milestone. I hope you both really enjoyed the trip.

·
Registered '07 SLK55
806 Posts
Congratulations on 40!

The SLK trunk really is surprising sometimes. I managed to fit 2 golf bags with full sets of clubs with the top down too!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
ive done the same, once i realized to take my woods out and lay them differently, i was able to put the top down!
Gratz on 40,

anyone who played with legos or plays tetris alot should be good at this kind of thing!

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Congratulations on your 40th anniversary!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
The R170 doesn't seem to be as capable as the 171 when it comes to top-down trunk space, but it still does OK...as long as the top stays in the upright position...lol.

Scott...you kill me!

Congrats on the 40th slk55er!! The wife and I hit 21 on the 4th (everyone always celebrates our anniversary...how nice).

AND. . . Welcome to SLKWorld!!! Glad to have you!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.