Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to look at a '55 yesterday, in Designo Mauritius Blue (amazing!) with a beige interior, and on the seats they never had the alcantara shoulder areas, they were leather. I've only ever seen the two-colour seats without the alcantara, or is it a beige thing? The interior is listed as Orient beige but maybe it's a designo instead, any ideas?

Cheers :tu:

D

·
0 Posts
Its a weird system mate, its obviously a conflict with one of the colours so its not being used.

I think alcantara is avoided with beige in general.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah OK cheers.

I must say I'm usually only a fan or silver or white cars, but Mauritius Blue is just stunning (if a little bright), I think a few pics might be in order later in the week.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the beige looks nice although I would prefer if more of the doors were black like it is on some of the other interior colours, it gets a bit much.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep seat covers a must on that colour, especially if you wear jeans all the time, which I do.

Any idea on easy and cheap would it be to switch out the door cards to black please?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK thanks Dan, maybe a bargaining tool if I was to go for that car, cheers.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Actually the beige wears very well - in the aprx 2 years I had mine it held up great with no obvious signs of wear. I did detail it once a month with a quality leather cleaner/conditioner which no doubt helped a lot. And yea, no Alcantara on the seats...it's a beige thing *L*.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Ah OK cheers.

I must say I'm usually only a fan or silver or white cars, but Mauritius Blue is just stunning (if a little bright), I think a few pics might be in order later in the week.
Mauritus is not my style, I am fond on the more elegant and conservative dark colours of navy, maroon, black, grey and other hides. Currently I have my eyes on Designo Mystic Blue or Designo Mystic red if I am going to get a new Merc in the future. If I do get an SL it will most definetley be fitted with the Desgino precious stones instead of wood or carbon fiber.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually the beige wears very well - in the aprx 2 years I had mine it held up great with no obvious signs of wear. I did detail it once a month with a quality leather cleaner/conditioner which no doubt helped a lot. And yea, no Alcantara on the seats...it's a beige thing *L*.
Nice to know, thanks :tu:

If I do get an SL it will most definetley be fitted with the Desgino precious stones instead of wood or carbon fiber.
Yep some of those are really cool, a bit more unusual than normal.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
And yea, no Alcantara on the seats...it's a beige thing *L*.
Bill, I guess it was a good thing you were always going in a straight line, 1/4 mile at a time!!:biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Bill, I guess it was a good thing you were always going in a straight line, 1/4 mile at a time!!:biglaugh:
{Vin Diesel}I live ma life.../Vin :biglaugh:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Mauritus is not my style, I am fond on the more elegant and conservative dark colours of navy, maroon, black, grey and other hides. Currently I have my eyes on Designo Mystic Blue or Designo Mystic red if I am going to get a new Merc in the future. If I do get an SL it will most definetley be fitted with the Desgino precious stones instead of wood or carbon fiber.
I have mystic blue with all black interior, I have never had so many people comment on the colour, they are blown away by it. I paid $4k more than a lower miles Mauritius with designo interior (blue black) car, the interior and roll hoops nailed it along with some iffy wood. Not for me either Im afraid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My (new to me since dec last year) 55 - Designo Mauritius blue has the designo blue/black interior with some iffy wood ! My dealer really struggled to get a barely used 55 with the spec I was looking for.....i didn't mind the exterior colour, but in the end I purchased it although I was making a compromise with the interior.....after a month with it, I barely notice the wood and have got used to the interior.

I wonder if I bought the car you looked at ?

S

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi there, i suspect it may well have been as i bought mine in late sept. If it was in a MB dealer near to your location then i bet it was, had 10+ k miles from memory ? I also was ok with the colour but the final decider was the leather hoops in blue, but eh I dont want to run down your pride and joy, its still a lovely motor. Im chuffed with mine although wish Id held out a bit longer before buying, it bombed again just after i coughed. Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
prob was the same car. funnily i didn't even notice the hoops, my wife did. i struggled to find a used 55 with all the extras i wanted, so the colour became a lower priority. I had to wait until dec as the lease on my 350 didn't end until then...i got a pretty good deal out of the dealer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.