Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alarm keeps going off randomly. most of the symptoms match the pse issue so i checked the pse and it was clean, but i cleaned it and all the plugs just for good measure. i flipped it, extended vaccum hoses and wrapped it in a bag like other post instructed. i also cleared the rear drains.

also everything works fine, power locks and such. the thing is that it still will go off randomly but if i walk past the passenger side like a foot or so away the alarm will go off (dont even touch car). trigger is somewhere around door area.

i pulled the alarm fuse b/c it keeps draining my battery. had to jump start it once already.

is there some kind of sensor somewhere that could be setting it off? or what should i check? (pse functionality seems fine)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
update. my battery was dead in the morning, and i had one of those portable jumpstart batteries. could not jump start it. took the battery to autozone, and they he said something about his voltmeter was could not read it or something odd like that.

my question is after reading other post is it a failing main engine battery or siren battery that would make the alarm go off?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

heres the link to a video of alarm going off.
when the fuse 9 is in. the car inteior lights light up when the alarm goes off. is that normal?
the horn works fine. ungluged cuz its super anoying.

one thing i noticed is that the tow light switch would blink red constantly when i lock the car. and the alarm would go off when i pass the door area (without touching car).

sometimes (rarely) the tow switch light will have not light and the alarm wont go off at all.

should the tow switch light be blinking when u lock the car? or should it not light up at all?

rather not have to take to dealer to get fixed. kind of costly.
note: new battery. also have to car battery disconected because the alarm drains it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could it be this. theres some random wire that is cut into the pse unit. on the white plug.
should i remove it and test the car system?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,204 Posts
FYI, post is over a year old and the original poster has not been back since: 03-23-2013

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think your alarm siren is toast. The batteries will leak and kill the charging circuit, sometimes causing a short or sometimes just quietly going dead. Had this happen on SLK and Volvo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.