Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I just bought my first Mercedes today. It's now 2:18am and the alarm has been randomly going off for the past hour.
It had been fine the previous 4hrs since I'd got home from the dealership.

To avoid being a nuisance neighbour I've now left the car unlocked. As it was a used car it didn't come with a owners handbook and I've searched eBay and Amazon with no luck.

Would really appreciate any advise.

Thanks in advance

jb edit. i sent him links to owner's and maintenance manuals

he also has posted in the new member section

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thank you for moving it here. Got everything crossed some genius out there can help before car is stolen!!!!!! :)

Tai

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,344 Posts
our resident r170 experts will chime in when they sober up!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,344 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had this problem (as you can see) a couple of months ago. Removing fuse F9 stops the alarm from going off, but disables central locking, so you have to use the key. After much research, in my case it seems the back up battery in the alarm siren need replacing. I have removed the siren, and the alarm has not triggered since (flashing lights), etc. I must get around to sorting it out. No real rush though. Cars don't get stolen over here.

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
Other possibilty is the PSE pump is damaged / corroded , it's in the boot , bottom right hand side , do a search , and check it's not damaged ??

·
Registered
287 Posts
Many times the backup battery in the alarm will leak and trigger the siren. Sirens are cheap and easy to replace. Could also be a crusty PSE. I would check the PSE before I pulled out the siren.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I've just landed and headed straight to nearest dealer. Seems its a faulty alarm therefore I've left the car there for new unit to be fitted in the morning. I've driven the car less than 3 hours and I'm hoping thesis not a sign of things to come!!

Thanks again
Tai

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.