Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions about our 2000 SLK230 's alarm. First should there be any audible sound when locking? Also how can I check the alarm? I rolled the window down and locked the car and reached in and opened the door from the inside. Nothing. Shouldn't the alarm have gone off ?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
14,153 Posts
Don't know your car but: you have keyless entry? Key in your pocket when you manually unlocked? Yes = no alarm.

If not: disregard :wink:

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,635 Posts
Don't know your car but: you have keyless entry? Key in your pocket when you manually unlocked? Yes = no alarm.

If not: disregard :wink:
Key entry back then, Len.

Sounds like it is not working.
The only sound I heard on my 230 was the lock actuating, no beeps.

Do a search.

From memory it's likely the PSE, or K40 you need to check first.
PSE can get wet, K40 may just need resoldering due to micro cracks in the original solder (age).

R170 diy section :tu:

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
105 Posts
There's no beep on locking & mine takes a short time to arm. Here's how I checked mine.

Lock car using remote. Wait until the red light on the tow button starts to flash ( on my 2000 320 it's the one below the radio on the right) then unlock the car using the key. Open the door & if it's working, cover your ears.

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,059 Posts
Key entry back then, Len.

Sounds like it is not working.
The only sound I heard on my 230 was the lock actuating, no beeps.

Do a search.

From memory it's likely the PSE, or K40 you need to check first.
PSE can get wet, K40 may just need resoldering due to micro cracks in the original solder (age).

R170 diy section :tu:
Keyless entry was about back then but on the High end Mercs

More than likely key alarm box faulty
Do the flashes flash when putting hand in car but no alarm sound ?

Id lean towards alarm box first .

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a couple of questions about our 2000 SLK230 's alarm. First should there be any audible sound when locking? Also how can I check the alarm? I rolled the window down and locked the car and reached in and opened the door from the inside. Nothing. Shouldn't the alarm have gone off ?
Hi

Sounds like u have the old leaky battery in your alarm box . Which happens anytime after 10 years.
My alarm wasn't making any noise just hazards where flashing when opened . I elected to buy new alarm from Mercedes and was £96 I think. problem was solved and with new alarms they make audible bleeps when turning on and off. But the other thing I found was the interior sensors where turned off by star diagnostics and had to get that turned back on. By the way I think interior sensors only work when roof is up!!.

Hope this helps
Keith

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange Thing... I just went out and tried again and the alarm works. Thanks for all the replies . Remote seems to work good. Everything works when locked the console fuel door and such. Just can't get the alarm to sound. Did I miss something in the earlier posts?

·
Registered 2000 SLK200K
358 Posts
Mine beeps one time when I unlock with the remote. And 3 times upon locking. But beeps 2 times or less if you left the hood or any door open.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I can’t lock my car at work because it usually won’t unlock.
I suspect the phone mast 25m away is the culprit.
Cheers Neil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you have factory alarm, you can enable audible notification when arm and disarm alarm using remote control. To do that, you must use Star Diagnosis system, enter to EDW module, control unit programming and change country to Netherlands. In the next step you can also select the volume of notifications.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.