Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have what appears to be a unique problem with my alarm, or at least my searching hasn't turned up anyone else with a similar problem. Both of my key fobs work fine to lock and unlock the doors. The alarm works fine if I arm it and then open the door/glovebox - I get sound and flashing lights. However, the panic button doesn't work to activate the siren. I've tried both fobs, I've tried holding the button for several seconds, I was standing right next to the car and pointing it directly at the car - nothing. No siren, no lights. Also, I just got my SmartTop installed and I set the function to enable a chirp when locking the doors, but that isn't working either.

I suppose it's not a huge deal since at least the alarm will activate when it's supposed to, but does anyone know what might cause this? It would be nice to have the door lock chirp and to be able to find my car in a parking lot using the panic button.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ugh, it's so easy to find all y'all with the same problem but nobody with an answer?? LOL I'll keep looking!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,373 Posts
Ugh, it's so easy to find all y'all with the same problem but nobody with an answer?? LOL I'll keep looking!
and this thread is like 8 years old

please see our messages

they say

start a new thread
update profile
post an intro

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

First: Update your profile, model and year and location like this:

Top right, click on Account Details, then Account Settings,
Then in Location field, your ‘Location’.
In About you: model and year like: 2009 SLK 55 AMG

Then Save. Done!

Second: Post an introduction. It is like starting a conversation by saying 'Hello'.
Wondering what to say?
Look at other members introductions. Some are detailed, others are short.

Then claim your free gift!

FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.

http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/67706-free-how-get-free-datacard.html

Thank you
Jeff
Administrator/Founding Member

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.