Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys in the UK have a dealer or friend that will set the Alarm to chirp when entering or exiting vehicle. I have an SLK 280 that does this.
Set Alarm to Norwegian I believe.
But I am buying a new SLK and the dealer refuses to set this for me saying it is illegal.
I live in the southern half of UK so the nearer the better.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
If you decide on installing the SmartTop module, then there are instructions on how to enable chirp function on lock/unlock using either the horn or the alarm to do the "chirping".

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,379 Posts
from smarttop programming: MUST HAVE SMARTTOP

Function 6 - Chirp Sound on lock/unlock ( *0=OFF / 1=HORN L / 2=HORN L+U / 3=SIREN L / 4=SIREN L+U )
This function can be set to either chirp once when locking the car (setting 1) or additionally chirp twice when unlocking (setting 2). Setting 1 and 2 use the regular horn, setting 3 and 4 use the alarm siren (requires factory alarm with red "panic" button on the remote fob).
To enable the horn chirps on SLK and CLK, a fuse needs to be reseated in the engine compartment fuse box. Please see the installation manual for details.

To allow the module to activate the horn for the CHIRP feature, open the fuse box in the right corner of the engine compartment and reseat the fuse shown from position 43A, left slots (1) to position 43B, right slots (2). This change does not affect anything else.
NO fuse needs to removed and NO fuse needs to be added. Just RE-SEAT the already existing fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I do have a roof module but not the Smartop one, it does not have this feature. I was going to install this in the new car but it may not work with the 2008 facelift cars so if not the Smartop will have to be bought then problem solved.

I have thought of one solution and will take car to independent garage of which I have a choice of 2 Mercedes specific and pay the £20 to get them to do it. I'm guessing £20 might be £65/hr normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.