Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have replaced my aircon compressor and had the system re-gassed, all fuses have been checked and are good, the EC light comes on but the compressor does not clutch and there is no volts to the compressor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine is dead also. Same issue, compressor will not kick in. My searches found possible failures: the SAM module $$, cabin temp sensor, outside air temp sensor, temp sensor at aircon condensor under the dash. Guys...others that would prevent the compressor engaging? Aircon parts to rule out?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320/2000 SLK230
2,719 Posts
Errrrr, the "EC" is backwards. Light comes on when compressor is off.

ps most common issue is the low pressure switch, either low on Freon or switch is bad. I'd try bridging contacts momentaily to see if compressor kicks in..

BTW on a GM car (dunno about Merc) once the AC latches off, you have to disconnect the battery for a while for it to reset.

·
Banned
330 Posts
You need to scan the system for fault codes and reset them. When you replaced the compressor, you set off a fault code of some type. The compressor will be prevented from engaging until the code is cleared.

Don't worry about losing information. Clear all the fault codes that come up. If they aren't dormant, they'll come back. You'll need a good scanner; I use the Icarsoft MB II! Great unit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.