Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I would like to know is anyone ever make air scarf to R170?
Is it possible somehow to use R171 seats with air scarf?

Ari

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't waste your time or money. I have air scarf and it's right up there with useless. If I tilt my head all the way back I can feel the blow drier... Cool out with your top down driving normally? Don't bother...

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Don't waste your time or money. I have air scarf and it's right up there with useless. If I tilt my head all the way back I can feel the blow drier... Cool out with your top down driving normally? Don't bother...
I agree and it is useless. Had it in my previous 350. didn't even bother getting it in the 55
But cool down? I think he wants to heat up in his winter wonderland with heated seats and somewhat warm air from airscarf.
:D

·
Super Moderator
24,815 Posts
Air scarf splits opinions.

Some love it, others not.

Before getting into an expensive (time and/or money) retrofit...

See if you can scrounge a ride in a 171 with AS.
Make your own mind up.
Sitting position needs considering.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I agree and it is useless. Had it in my previous 350. didn't even bother getting it in the 55
But cool down? I think he wants to heat up in his winter wonderland with heated seats and somewhat warm air from airscarf.
:D
Think you misread... I said "cool out with your top down driving normally?" Just a scenario saying it's cool out so you might want to warm your neck.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
Think you misread... I said "cool out with your top down driving normally?" Just a scenario saying it's cool out so you might want to warm your neck.
Sorry...In Floriduh we say 'chill out'.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yes, forget the "air-scarf"! Instead, this is the way forward for improved comfort! ..... I have got independent control of the rear quarter windows. I have a superb, solid rear wind-deflector behind the seats. So with the top down, both windows up and that deflector I feel really cosy! AND, of course, you have the MASSIVE output from the heater/blower! I LOVE it!

David

·
Super Moderator
11,532 Posts
Up here, I like the air scarf. Works a treat :grin:

Lots of for/against it so like @Avel Du suggests, find someone near you that has one that they like and try it out.

No point in trying one where the owner doesn't like it. It's quite possible it's not working properly so the owner really can't have an opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts